Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys...I'm looking at getting a body lift for my truck...I'm going to order one through 4crawler....I don't do any offroading or pull anything so a body lift should work fine for me...I was going to go with a 2 inch...can anyone convince me that I should go ahead and get a 3 inch? I don't like the amount of frame that shows with a 3 inch but, I want to at least be able to tell that I added some lift...what is everyones opinions on a 2inch versus 3inch? Pics would also help...thanks guys...

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Alot of people are gonna tell you not to do it, but I did one on a S-10 long ago and it was fine.(3-inch)...One good thing about the amount of frame that does show, is that if you do happen to high center your truck, your body has less risk of damage to the rockers...there's a thread on body-lifts in the forum somewhere, I was just reading it...some people are down on 'em, but they are a cheap way of getting a few more inches...but there is alot of stuff that has to be moved or "lifted" along with the body.....the thread is called "body lift tips"...

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
if you are already on 33's a 2" should do the trick: easier to install, less frame, and still noticeable. Either way it should look good:waytogo:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MikesDoubleCab said:
i dunno Danielle... 3 inches is a lot of other stuff to modify... u plannin to run bigger tires too? cuz 6 inches of lift on them 33s might look funky... might be better off starting over and doing a drop bracket lift...
I dunno Mike, I guess if I was a pimp daddy who took photos of hot chicks all day I might could afford a drop bracket lift..but dammit I'm not...I've chosen to risk my life every day and be a cop:lol: ...maybe I should start taking bribes...na, I think I'll just do the 2 inch lift... should look fine...thanks everyone for all the responses...especially you Mike;)

·
BOOSTPIMP
12,867 Posts
all the work involved and the price there are several other ways I would do it. that is just as cheap and a whole lot better looking and safer and easier.

·
Premium Member
9,445 Posts
tacogal said:
I dunno Mike, I guess if I was a pimp daddy who took photos of hot chicks all day I might could afford a drop bracket lift..but dammit I'm not...I've chosen to risk my life every day and be a cop:lol: ...maybe I should start taking bribes...na, I think I'll just do the 2 inch lift... should look fine...thanks everyone for all the responses...especially you Mike;)
dork... hahaha... ya know i got love for ya... besides, i got my photo training at my local PD as a cadet way back in the day... went from shooting mugshots of juvenile offenders to shooting headshots... not a bad trade off...

i say you forget the bribes and just make a bunch of extra arrests for the court overtime... especially if you're on the 3/12, just imagine how much more $ you can haul in with 4 extra 10-15's a day, right? :evil:

·
QA1 Founding Father
4,471 Posts
sounds like youre already set on 2".. just go with that you wont be disappointed. and dont worry about being able to see it you will without a doubt. there isnt any suspension sag or anything just up you go 2".. :waytogo: goodluck

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MikesDoubleCab said:
dork... hahaha... ya know i got love for ya... besides, i got my photo training at my local PD as a cadet way back in the day... went from shooting mugshots of juvenile offenders to shooting headshots... not a bad trade off...

i say you forget the bribes and just make a bunch of extra arrests for the court overtime... especially if you're on the 3/12, just imagine how much more $ you can haul in with 4 extra 10-15's a day, right? :evil:
I'm just giving you a hard time Mike...you have an awesome job...the only problem with the court time is most are on my days off and I would rather be sitting at home drinking a cold beer...:drinking:

·
Premium Member
9,445 Posts
tacogal said:
I'm just giving you a hard time Mike...you have an awesome job...the only problem with the court time is most are on my days off and I would rather be sitting at home drinking a cold beer...:drinking:
aaaah... i see... priorities, priorities... :headbang:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts