Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOL dont laugh but I couldnt find a birds eye view of a interior of tacoma and my camera on fritz sooooo this is a crude drawing done in paint show to try to give you an idea .......seem like it would work if done correctly

Attachments

·
Registered
952 Posts
would that be a sealed or ported enclosure?

-Paul

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually have been toying with both ideas..where the sub is firing against the back of the cab I believe ported would be the optimal application for this....any one agree....disagree I am open to any ideas

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
still dont quite understand the concept of Passive radiators are they used to reduce vibration or just as addition sound or just an alternative to a ported enclosure?

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,863 Posts
It's gonna take some detailed measurements to tailor a one-piece unit like that into the confines of a Regular Cab ... But it *would* be very cool ...

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
That would be sweet. I am currently doing a box that would just flare out towards the rear of the cab. So far so good.:waytogo:

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
the box is a good idea and if done right would look and work great. but i dont think making it a big azz "T" will really benefit you unless your fighting for airspace.

·
Tacorpulent HP
2,306 Posts
have two ports aiming at wear the driver and passenger's head are lmfao. Stuff the holes when u dont want to be aired in the face, but open em up when u want some cheap air conditioning :waytogo:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Enola Gaia said:
It's gonna take some detailed measurements to tailor a one-piece unit like that into the confines of a Regular Cab ... But it *would* be very cool ...
yea I know but I I was gonna go iwth similar measurments from my center console and measurments from my MTX thunderform box I was gonna kinda combined them into a super box lol

Xacto said:
have two ports aiming at wear the driver and passenger's head are lmfao. Stuff the holes when u dont want to be aired in the face, but open em up when u want some cheap air conditioning :waytogo:

lmao I actually LOLed when I read this

·
www.LiquidAss.com
3,345 Posts
sgtmetal said:
still dont quite understand the concept of Passive radiators are they used to reduce vibration or just as addition sound or just an alternative to a ported enclosure?
In short it adds more bass. Most times, more bas than a port can offer.
Some people don't like them, but when you hear one done properly... it sounds nice.

http://www.humanspeakers.com/whatis/PR.htm

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxes4.asp#4
"Many of you may have seen the very small enclosures made by Stillwater Designs® that used 4'' drivers with a passive radiator (not sure if they still make these). These worked extremely well (for what they were) in vehicles that literally had next to no room at all to mount a conventional enclosure inside of the vehicle (i.e.: Jaguars XJS, mounted under the seats)."

·
Registered
289 Posts
Great idea. I bet you could get 2 twelves in that space if you planned it out well. Fiberglass the bottom portion after fabbing the sides up and the longer pieces.

oh, I would definitely use sound deadner the heck out of the back and bottom of the cab on this.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok I am smoothing out the dementions and everything and buying the fiber class MDF board and rest of mats needed .......I will start on it in a 2-3 weeks after I finish painting my truck which I will be starting on next week sometime prolly wednesday but I think it is gonna turn out great least I hope so the.......yea I plan on using lots of Dyno mat in my whole cab.......I would love to get 2 12's in there then I could use both my JL audios instead of one I will see what I can come up with :waytogo:

·
Registered
868 Posts
i had two twelves in a sealed box behind the seat in my rgualar cab with a bench. with leg room.

Fiberglass.

I know have two tens in a ported box behind the seat with a 2.2 cu ft box with the seat 2 clicks from all the way back.

Im 6' 2" tall and its plenty of room for me. just fiberglass the entire bottom over the tunnel and across the back wall where the cab support is. Works perfect. my box goes from the bottom of the window to the floor. and i also have about 6.5" of mounting depth to play with.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts