Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Offsets on 17\"s

Ok this is really driving me nuts. What's the max and min offset I can have to tuck some FWD 17"s with no suspension rub or fender rub. (I'm gonna take out the liner soon) with my 3/3 drop. No one has been able to give me a sure answer. I want Racing Harts Z5000, or Konig Absolutes. They're like a 40mm offset? Is that gonna work or do I need to go more?

·
Premium Member
8,245 Posts
Re: Offsets on 17\"s

Honestly you can't answer that without knowing the wheel width as well, offset just tells you how far from the centerline is the mounting face, but with different width rims what's left on either side of the mounting face could be different even if the offset is the same. What you should find out is maximum backspacing to avoid suspension rub, I couldn't tell you about well rub though.

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts

If it helps at all, I'm running 17x7s (or maybe 7.5s) with a +42mm offset and I have absolutely no fender or suspension rub. It looks like they'll tuck fine when I decide to go that low..

·
Registered
10,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Jeff and Lowtaco, what kind of rims do you have on your truck? The ones I'm looking at are 17x7 with 40mm offset, the 18's are 45mm offset. I just want to be sure b4 I go out and buy them and find out they rub or don't fit right. That'll be 1-2Gs wasted. Although I'd rather just have bags.............

·
Registered
116 Posts

MIne are primax 488 17x7.5 with a 42mm offset I thought it was 40 but I was wrong. The backspacing is about 5.75 inches I think. A couple of years ago MT mag had a guide for backspacing, I'll see if I can find it, I am considering going to 18s now.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts

Primax's?? haha, my Dad is one of the presidents of Primax Wheels Corp.. i never did see any cars iwth them on. They look pretty nice, how are they for you?? any good reviews from anyone?

·
Registered
116 Posts

Not too bad, look just very similar to the TSW VX1, No complaints, however, one wheel has a little nickel shadow in a couple of places.
But for the price it is a good quality wheel. Justin since your dad is a President of the company, can you hook all of us on the message board up with sponsorship? (just kidding, but it would be nice)

·
Registered
116 Posts

I forgot check out Aldo's post under general chat, it has a link to a wheel fittment guide with offsets and reccomeded tire size.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts

Well check it.. my dad is doing business with American Racing right now... tell me what you're thinking within a reasonable proposal and i'll see what may have potential to fly. Who knows.. it all starts from an idea right? Tell me more what you think from a business standpoint...

·
Registered
116 Posts

Well it could be done several ways:
Individual sponsorship(free set of wheels for advertisement, minimum number of shows to attend etc.)
Group discount: Give the members of Customtacos.com a price break or wholesale pricing.
Also input on new designs from the people that buy them.
Just a few thoughts.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts

Hell, I'd advertise like mad for a set of wheels! ..Maybe a big ass decal on the side of my truck.....well, maybe not that big.

·
Registered
311 Posts

Hell I'd give my whole tailgate up for advertising for a set of bad ass rims, just wait till I do my handle flip to the inside.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts