Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been debating for the longest time about changing (again) my wheel set.
I'm REALLY happy with my Volk Racing CE28N...., though I want to change them with a same set of CE28N but different width, and offset.
Now I have 17 by 7.5, +43 (which stick in quite a bit)...I'd like to change them with either 17 by 7.5, +33, or even 17 by 8, +33....to gain cornering stability.
My question is, the lower the offset goes the more the wheel sticks out to the fender right ? I think...I....am pretty sure, but not 100% positive..kind of....:thinking: ...anyone ?

·
il padrino
5,165 Posts
Re: New wheels...and tires...

Yepper. I currently have on some 17X8s but I think the offset is 40. Just right.

·
Registered
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Yeah, I'm worry that going too wide...then the rims are gonna stick out from the fender...(like beans-beans' style....:lol: )...don't want that.
So, I'll either go with +33 and keep the same width (by 7.5) or get wider and get 8''...

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,677 Posts

Alex B. said:
... My question is, the lower the offset goes the more the wheel sticks out to the fender right ? I think...I....am pretty sure, but not 100% positive..kind of....:thinking: ...anyone ?
Yes ... Offset is the distance from the wheel's transverse centerline (inner to outer edge installed) to the hub mounting surface. More / higher offset = wheel sitting farther 'inboard'; Less / lower (even into the negative) offset = wheel sitting farther 'outboard'.

If you get a wheel the same size as your current one with a 10mm *smaller* offset it will sit 10mm farther 'outboard'.

·
Registered
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I thought so Enola...thanks !

·
Registered
2,969 Posts

get a 17x8 +30 if you can and run a 215/45/17 up front and get a 17x9 +35 and a 225 0r 235/45/17 in the back. you will have to roll the back fender lips and the fronts should be fine.
my 17x8s ar +35 and could use another 5 - 10 mm to get the face/lip of the rim to be flush with the fender if you care about that at all. the 17x9s +35 out back look tits but that is extra weight i know you would like to avoid and i am not sure about inner clearence on the front with a wheel that wide and that high of an offset. probably would rub at full lock :shrug: havent put a pair up front yet to check.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts