Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

2461 - 2467 of 2467 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys i have a stock 99 tacoma 5 lug single cab and i got some 18" tundra wheels 255/70/18 that i would like to put in the truck but suspencion is stock what should i bought to fit those wheels on in on the cheaper side if i can
thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's about time someone gave this threat a shot in the arm. I have a 2001 auto standard cab. Over the weekend I installed fabtech spindles and 2" shackles along with ball joints, tie rod ends, sway bar end links and shocks. Wheel bearings too while I was at it cuz why not. Anyway so here I am now lifted a substantial amount so naturally my next step would be wheels and tires. These 205/75r15's are looking a bit small and I'm looking for advice on what size tire I should move up to. I've seen pics of 30's and 31's on trucks with the same lift as I have but I actually find them a little too large. They almost make the truck look unlifted again. So I want something a little meatier without looking too big, any suggestions? I'll also be going with the recommended 15x7 w/ 3.75bs black steelies. Here's a pic of my truck as is. The canopy is going bye bye soon btw.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sold the canopy yesterday, here's a new pic. I'm also wondering, should I replace the sway bar bushings too? The only bushings I didn't replace were those and control arm bushings I believe. I'd like to hear from someone who's replaced them if it makes a difference.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I see this thread just isn't real busy... If anyone is still alive out there I have a couple questions that would sure be swell to have answered.

1st question: what do you recommend for an oem replacement in the way of rear shocks? I've been running the fabtech shocks that came with the lift kit but as many other have reported, they're way too stiff. The fronts seem ok because there's a lot more weight up there so I think I'll continue to run the front two. But those rears...

2nd question: I would like to bump out the rear wheels a bit to match the new front stance the fabtech lift spindles gave it. Any recommendations for wheel spacers?

Mucho thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Newbie here. Just wanted to show my truck. 1998 Tacoma standard cab. Added 3" Fabtech spindles and 2" shackles. Rolling on 15x7 Jeep Grand Cherokee Canyon wheels with 235/75/15 Toyo Open Country ATII tires. Added K&N air filter and LC Engineering header. Front bumper is custom. Thanks for the add!

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you were talking about the Fabtech or Doetsch ones then it would be 3" lift, stock you don't gain anything.
Hey guys, so I recently got back the 1999 5sp 4 cyl reg cab Tacoma I sold to my brother 8 yrs ago. It has dealer installed add-a-leaf 4 leaf springs in back and I want to lift the front to level it out so it has the PreRunner stance like my 2002 Dbl Cab PreRunner. It seems the FabTech springs are the way to go. I don't need big fat tires on it, just the PreRunner size in height and width of tire but on the 15" styled steel rims. Will the Fabtech springs be what I need if I only want the body lifted higher to level the body?
Here are some pics of the front and rear hight difference.

Attachments

2461 - 2467 of 2467 Posts