Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the 10 oz. sneaky pete NOS set up on their tacoma? I think this would work great with the SC's!

·
Registered
311 Posts
from the NOS website it appears that ole' Sneaky Pete is only for non-EFI vehicles, I tripped over a website where a guy claims to have put one in a Honda scooter, and got tagged for like 80mph or something like that.

·
Registered
116 Posts
probably would work just fine, but you'd be fillin' that little ten ounce bottle every other day...;) I wouldn't want anything smaller than the 5 pounder.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I probably wouldn't use it every day. I just thought it would be cool because you can put the bottle pretty much anywhere.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Couldn't I just use a fogger setup and use the 10 oz. bottle instead of the 10lb bottle. I know it sound weird, but I don't want a huge nos bottle in my back seat. I think it would add a cool look, and give me a litttle boost when I need it(especially in second gear).

·
il padrino
5,165 Posts
I just emailed NOS for the best setup to be used for NA and/or boosted engines (3.4l V6). I'll post the reply as soon as I get it.

·
il padrino
5,165 Posts
Here is the reply from NOS for just a little extra punch (I am assuming this would go for both boosted and NA engines.);
The kit that should fit your car is part number 05208 ($670.list) and will add 50-60HP safely. This is normally enough power to drop the 1/4-mile times by 1-1.5+sec. It uses a single fogger ahead of the throttle body (but, after the intercooler) to inject fuel and nitrous.

Thanks, NOS Tech Dept.

·
Good Fuel Mileage Truck
1,416 Posts
I when to ZEX nitrous. With a 65hp shot on a 2.4L banger. 1/4mi.time dropped from 17.5sec. to 15.29sec.

I added the turbo from E.L.Prototypes(w/o NOS).and the engine failed. Now I'm starting over

·
Registered
52 Posts
How did your motor fail with the turbo kit on it? Did the 65 shot wear the motor before the turbo? Justt wondering because i am about a week away from putting my turbo kit on.
Thanks

·
il padrino
5,165 Posts
It's always to build up the bottom end of an engine when you add a turbo. Having the supercharger on mine, I'm only running at 7 psi, has been ok so far. Of course with turbos you can get a little crazy with the boost pressure. Everything in moderation.

·
Good Fuel Mileage Truck
1,416 Posts
My engine only had 67,000 miles. is it possible that the 65shot made a weak spot? ......Yes. The engine was taken apart and the #2 cylinder was blown and had scars from scorching.

·
Good Fuel Mileage Truck
1,416 Posts
I ran 15.29sec. 1/4 with just a 65shot. any idea of what I may run when the 2.7L is installed with a T3 turbo,and performance cams from E.L. Prototypes?

·
Taco Fiend
486 Posts
ive got the EL turbo kit on my taco and haven't had a problem since but my truck only has like 14000 miles on it. would that make a difference? also how would i change the air fuel ratio if it is ecu controlled would that be where the apex super afc comes in? I really don't feel like rebuilding my 2.4 in the future so any ideas on keeping that turbo reliable would be appreciated. thanx.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts