Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was wondering if any one is running nos on there tacos and what is the ups and downs to running nos on a stock block 3.4 sc with all the goodies from urd but the h2o ? Maby a 50 shot?

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
You really want to win that race don't you?:lol: I would say the major positive would be a cooler air charge. Of course you'd have to add a little more fuel, which should be easy enough with the urd goodies. I say go for it. It seems that a 50-75 shot would be a perfect upgrade to your truck. I think the stock block would handle it fine, as long as you don't have crazy amt.s of boost. How muck boost are you running?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
turbotacoman said:
You really want to win that race don't you?:lol: I would say the major positive would be a cooler air charge. Of course you'd have to add a little more fuel, which should be easy enough with the urd goodies. I say go for it. It seems that a 50-75 shot would be a perfect upgrade to your truck. I think the stock block would handle it fine, as long as you don't have crazy amt.s of boost. How muck boost are you running?
Thanks for the comment, well i have the 2.1 pulley but i rebuilt my blower and maby added a little more serface to the fins of the rotors than before because the paint on the ends of the fins were 3 mill and i resurfaced them to 4.5 mill of hi temp paint and no rubin plus ported and polished the m62 intake and exaust of the houseing and the manifold tunnels so maby a little over 9.2 on the lap to it says 9.3 but you know the trd gauge some times spikes to the limit mark.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wet or dry fogger ? nos is all new to me but i got some mony in bank now and getting redy to order a kit on ebay at the moment! :exactly: I'm gonna beat that 650 hp Excursion !!!

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Well, You might be on the edge of needing lower comp. forged pistons, metal head gaskets and maybe some head studs. I'm not sure. i've got more experance with the RZ's than the 5vz. I worked with a guy that had a stock bottom end 5vz and trd charger pushing 11psi, and in three months his truck would hardly run do to lack of compression on a few cylinders.(of course he drove it like he stole it), but, 10 psi + nitrous might warrant a little beefier bottom end. Hell, it's only money, right?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
turbotacoman said:
Well, You might be on the edge of needing lower comp. forged pistons, metal head gaskets and maybe some head studs. I'm not sure. i've got more experance with the RZ's than the 5vz. I worked with a guy that had a stock bottom end 5vz and trd charger pushing 11psi, and in three months his truck would hardly run do to lack of compression on a few cylinders.(of course he drove it like he stole it), but, 10 psi + nitrous might warrant a little beefier bottom end. Hell, it's only money, right?
I am not rich but ill do what it takes to win the race so what would a m62 normaly run psi?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
i have a 99 taco 3.4 with all the URD goodies and a 2.2 pulley

oh did i forget to mention a 100 shot

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Cold Fusion Nitrous Systems
wet kit
tell him to set you up for 44 psi fuel pressure
ask for mike

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I don't want to lead you in the wrong direction, so I'll let someone else that has a similar setup to yours field your question. I may very well be wrong on exactly what the stock bottom end will handle. Don't get me wrong I work on 5vzs all day long, but most are bone stock, or have trd chargers that arn't tuned properly. Hopefully gadget will chime in.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SPROCKIT said:
i have a 99 taco 3.4 with all the URD goodies and a 2.2 pulley

oh did i forget to mention a 100 shot
You tha man sprocket ! So how does your taco handell the 100 shot and what type kite do you think i should get Foger ? wet ? and would you send me a coppy of your fuel map to try? Please:D You got a bad ass lowerd 4x4 taco !!!:D

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
turbotacoman said:
I don't want to lead you in the wrong direction, so I'll let someone else that has a similar setup to yours field your question. I may very well be wrong on exactly what the stock bottom end will handle. Don't get me wrong I work on 5vzs all day long, but most are bone stock, or have trd chargers that arn't tuned properly. Hopefully gadget will chime in.
we must summons the master guru advise from Gadget,,,,, and what the hell happened to trdoldman:thinking: is hes old ass still alive? i hope he did not crash that 315hp taco of his!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
ill try to keep it simple a "dry" nitrous kit means only nitrous is injected into the ait intake and the maf sensor sences cold air and the injectors inject more fuel

a "wet" kit injects air and fuel into the air intake and with this you can adjust how much of each is injected

and if you have a wide band 02 set up you can see if your running to rich or lean when you spray and adjust acordingly

Sprockit

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
if and when you spray nitrous i reccomend it in 4wd and only in a straight line otherwise the rear end is all over the place at least i had that problem any way

it feels like your getting hit by a freight train

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
if you would like to talk to me personally about it i have had the 100shot on my truck for three years and never had a problem
contact me
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SPROCKIT said:
if you would like to talk to me personally about it i have had the 100shot on my truck for three years and never had a problem
contact me
[email protected]
I only have a 2wd but 285/50/18s well man you seam to know your tacos so basicly i can just tap a spot for the nos injector in like the intake tube ?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
no i dont have it
yes thats what you do ...about 6" from the throttle body if i remember the direction correctly

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Now if nos is so safe, evan a 100 shot i wonder why every one is not running it ?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
cause its expensive ...it costs 6$ a pound

well that and everybody misunderstands it and thinks its soo bad and only does damage

the fact is ...everything you do to a motor affects the engine life
when i hit 98 thousand miles i tried to blow the motor so i could have a new one covered by warantee

there was 2 quarts of oil in the engine and i drove for an hour and a half in third gear at 80mph red lined then that winter i had to park out side in the below zero tempratures every day i started it and red lined it till it warmed up nothing ever came of it and i passed 100,000 miles so now i maintain it and still beat the piss out of it

1 - 20 of 34 Posts