Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a non-convex passenger mirror replacement glass for the Tacomas?

I don't like the "objects are closer than they appear" mirrors I have. I like the "old style" mirrors on my 79 VW bus that show the same object size as the drivers side. I've had a few close encounters with my Tacoma since I've gotten it, and would like to change out the convex glass with straight glass.

Is this something I will have to have custom made?

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,615 Posts
The downside for going to flat glass is a narrower field of vision.

Because convex glass has been pretty much standard for so long, I suspect you'd need to get a glass and mirror shop to make you a flat mirror.

Nowadays mirrors are generally sold as all-in-one units manufactured to OEM specs.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Look for the mirror and have a glass shop make it for u or something like that. Ive seen a 66 mustangs here in phx get custom mirrors made at a custom glass shop

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
575 Posts
I've gone the exact opposite. :selfbonk:

I replaced both sides with Multivex mirrors. I can see everything! If I can't see them in the mirrors I can see their fender in the corner of my eye. :waytogo:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't need to see that much, just the next lane over, but I drive in the RH lanes almost all the time, so I don't have to check it that much.

But when I want to changes lanes, I want the car/truck I see in my RH mirror to be way back were it "looks like it really is" in the convex mirror, and not on my rear bumper in the real world.

The convex mirror is new like iPads and cell phones; and all the other new tech stuff that young people seem to think is normal. :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts