Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if it would be a good idea to run a Compucar Nitrous kit in my 97 Tacoma. I know you have to run cooler plugs and run higher octane gas. But is there a risk of running a smaller 50 shot on a engine that has 132,000 ? Is there any other information that I should know before running the kit?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there anything else I should know before running nitrous on a stock engine?

A friend will let me use the Compucar system for free. So I was wondering if anyone had any experience with it…

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Don't run shitty gas, run step colder plugs, check your plugs often, never say"Maybe i should try a 100 shot just to see"...feel sorry for your stock clutch...and say later whom ever is racing you...i also suggest getting a bottle warmer..you will get 10hp to the wheels just off that...email me for any more ?'s

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I am currently running a 100 shot of NOS in my 1996 2.4L... 50shot is like nothing to a stock motor... the 4cyls tacomas can handle up to a 75 shot with stock EVERYTHING... no matter what company you use.. they will give you a kit for FUEL injected imports.. which are kits with 50-60-75 shot of nitrous... the only time you need to upgrade your truck is if you pass the 75 shot mark... even a 50 is fun to play with.. but don't EVER spray on the line... get it to like 3000 rpm then engage it... you will get less wheel spin... I also recommend LSD (Limited Slip Diff) for your truck if you wanna spray off the line..

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah i just checked out his site...must say he sure does have a lot of mods...but only runs 14's....not flaming him but damn

·
Registered
617 Posts
i had a 125 shot on my 89' 22r-e pickup, ran great, it's was pretty quick.

hey anyone know the Fastest STREET driven tacoma ? or daily driver

·
Registered
282 Posts
So a 50 shot of nx express would work well on bone stock? Figure you'd blow something or get detonation.. How much horsepower is a 50 shot?

·
j-baby
3,644 Posts
i need as much info about runnin nitrous to asemi stock 2.7liter tacoma, hook me up withthe nfo, so i can do some research
need to know what kinda shot?? 50,60...100??
what other goodies i should get with it and where i can order one,,, web site...#'s, also if your guys know any good 4x4 accessible rims for a 35x13.5x16 tire it would be greatly appreciated, hope to hear something soon...

jesse

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Well the lowest time I ever got was a 13.7... but I can't keep it... I am still having problems gripping due to the fact of it being a truck.. I could run on slicks... but for some reason I got worst times with them on.. I lose top end on slicks.. but it is winter time here in chicago.. can't do much, plus I really don't strip down when I race.. I wanna know what I really get with a fully interior and a passenger too... I know people drag at the track they strip down to the bear.. but you really can't do that when you street race,"Wanna race?.. Hold on lemme kick my girl out, take out the passenger seat, take out my audio sub-system, drop the spare tire & remove my AC..." I know I did a ton of mods.. yeah it looks like I should be in the 10 sec range but I am happy cause I can beat out alot of the V6 and V8 trucks with my 4cyl automatic... most of the [censored] i've done was mostly to correct the HP gain. I've even beaten a V6 supercharged Tacoma S-Runner.. due to the fact I am lighter than a extended cab and smaller engine... but for now I am just gonna leave it as is.. I am done installing more crap.. I am already @ 150,000 miles on it.. plus I just recently purchased a new BMW 330i, and gonna get married.. so you know where all my money is going now... before I met girl.. my TACOMA was my girl.. but don't get me wrong I am keeping my truck for life... . when I get old this will be "DAD's Project car" that I work on the weekends in the garage! Ha ha..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts