Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats happenin Its the pest from Socal, I've been trolling these Forums for the past 2 years reading everything i can about Turbo charging and toyota. But one thing is missing that i wish more members of this forum would do if they had the time. That great Idea is a Photo Journal of a Custom Turbo system fitted to the 2rz or any other engine for that matter.

I am currently a CNC machinist apprentice I have access to all the tools i need to Fabricate a Turbo Header. I'd love to see Pictures of a turbo manifold coming together from Stock steel or J bends. The more pictures I can look at the more i can Visualize the fabrication process of the manifold.

And another thing, Thanks to all the members and CT.com for making this forum great.

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
10,933 Posts
welcome pest... most people have pictures of their setups... most commonly the intake and the header shots... check out posts and threads from EVILLE3TC, or from FIRDADDY, or LOGAN, or CARDINALTACO, or DX-R, or RACER_X, or TURBOTACO... all them cats have posted at picture of their turbo manifold, and intercooler pipes... good luck on you build up!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive seen Hundreds of Turbo Manifolds for the 2rz but what i dont see is a person starting with Flanges and Pre bent Tubing. I Believe that if there was an Online Journal of the fabrication more people would be inclined to build their own. If and when i Build my manifold; there will be a photo Journal to go along with it. Any suggestions? Mild or Stainless steel? why?

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Wow use the search button. There are tons of pictures with guys manifolds sorry the cant post a step by step. When you build something do you stop every weld to take a picture? I dont. Do yourself a favor and build one and then start shooting pics see how it works fo you. If do it your awsome:waytogo: but if not you will know why:doah:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've already searched the forums for a Photo journal of a Turbo Manifold fabrication. If you don't believe me then Prove me wrong. Its not that hard to take a step back to take a picture. By doing so ill shed some light on a subject that new members may not understand or are too intimidated to attempt. If i do make a Turbo header Ill take and post pics of for the forum. CT.com is full of information and i plan on Filling in some of the gaps for the community rather than posting assumptions.

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
There are manifold pics all over the site. As far as that goes I am positive that the majority on here are not master welders or have the equipment to acheive this. Not to mention the machine shop to help out. That is why we dont all have turbos and got to Paradise and LC and URD to find parts. My opinion aside, what good do you think you can do by this? Other than have a DIY attempt it without the tools or skill and then get mad at you for making it seem so simple:shrug:

·
Registered
14,485 Posts
there's been one or two guys who have posted progress pics, however there is no use for a how to writeup at all.. liek stated above there isnt ebnough peopel with the knowhow or defintally the equiptment to undertake such a thing when one can be made for you to exact specs by a experienced professional tuner for 500-650

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TacoTurbo:
I have access to an entire machine shop and Being a CNC machinist helps too. Ive done alot of Projects but have yet to build a turbo manifold.

Fir daddy: Do you know anyone who knows the Specs? Like runner Size and material?

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
WE understand you have that ability, But who else on here does material wise is up to you stainless mild what ever. You can determine runner size by buying an exhaust gasket. I am just trying to get you to understand that if you do a step by step who on here can actually acheive it? Think you think we all have acsess to nice welders and machineing equipment.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Having built many manifolds for many different setups, this isn't rocket science... if you've seen the fully assembled manifolds, then you should be able to visualize how it has to go together... if you can't visualize each and every weld, and how to GET to each and every weld, and put together your own timeline on what gets welded first, then maybe you shouldn't be assembling it?

I COULD do a photojournal of a manifold, but the reality of it is, is that -I- have to sit down myself and figure it all out, and because of that time spent doing that, i find it really really difficult to simply hand off the process on a silver platter, especially to somone who makes it quite evident that they aren't willing to figure it out on their own.

Question for you.... when you are handed a part to machine at your "entire machine shop", do you ask around to your coworkers or other people somewhere on how to properly fixture the part, and if it is a multiple-fixture setup, how to position the fixtures, and what order to machine the part in? No, you shouldn't, or else you wouldn't be a machinist for long in a shop... well, unless you're just the button-pusher, and you have someone in your shop that does all of that for you :p

Just look at a manifold, and figure out each runner... then figure out if you can reach each weld with your torch, and if you can't, what you need to do so that you can ;)

Anyway, welcome to the posting-side of the site! Sorry i couldn't help any more than that... Good luck with your project though! :waytogo:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
First of all, thank you ComposiMo. I guess I was over complicating the entire issue. I can see how the headers are put together. Im just going to design my own.

What is the Average runner Diameter of turbo manifolds for a 2rz and what steel is commonly used? vbmenu_register("postmenu_850750", true);

1 - 16 of 16 Posts