Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my lift and wheels on. I put the A arm and coil 3" Fabtech lift and 30x9.5 BFG A/T. It took me about...7 hrs :brickknoc I was wrenching it the whole way and had cheap autozone spring compressors and was my first lift ever installing. Overall it was easy except getting the coil compressed enough to fit on my arms. I left the stock shocks on because the idiots at 4 wheels parts gave me the wrong ones. Anyway I love how it looks and how it rides...heres a few pics!

Thanks to dx-r for the wheels, trtle for the lift and to everyone who helped me out with noob questions I had. :waytogo:

Before

After

and a couple more I took

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys :waytogo:

Im selling all my stock stuff now...wheels...a arms and coils if anyones interested PM me

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jonathan said:
looks good, it would look great sitting another 3" higher:waytogo:
I agree...the 3" lift just evened it out. Spindles and AAL coming soon. :waytogo:

·
Premium Member
1,189 Posts
hey kevin it is lol. i sold him yours and i installed garys 6 inch on my truck.

your truck looks good bro! all yuo need is spindles in the front and bam 6 inch. i need my windows tinted now that i see yours.

do you still have the sway bar on???

·
ct stalker
3,540 Posts
You should also paint the dust cap black. It will look much better. It will blend in more with the wheel instead of sticking out like a sore thumb.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah it is gonna be higher...as soon as I get more money haha I went broke making it look like that so I just have to wait a lil while longer.

Yeah the dust cap will be painted...these pics were right after the lift was done and washed.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And yes I still have my sway bar on. You took yours off right? Whats the difference?

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
The removal of the sway bar allows the front suspension to travel more independantly side to side; it will handle better on rough terrain. The down fall is that you will experience more body roll while cornering, but with the fabtech coils being so stiff I doubt it will make much of a difference.

If you remove the sway bar, take corners more easily until you get use to the way your truck handles without it. If you don't like the way it rides without it put it back on... it takes about ten minutes. :waytogo:

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cool I'll try it out :waytogo:

Does anyone know what these are for?

They came with my lift I got from Trtle but I dont know what its for. He doesnt know what they're for either...but he said he had the same bolts on his lift. Anyone know what theyre for?? :shrug:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Looks good man. Dont listen to everyone else.... Its a mini, I say you stay with 3" and save your money!! :waytogo: I think it looks perfect all leveled out:headbang:

Im go to be installing the same lift you have, and was wondering what are the dimensions of your wheels and tires? (diameter, width, backspacing?)

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
looks good! yea the fabtechs are so stiff, you will feel like you are in a race car hehe

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Socalmini said:
Looks good man. Dont listen to everyone else.... Its a mini, I say you stay with 3" and save your money!! :waytogo: I think it looks perfect all leveled out:headbang:

Im go to be installing the same lift you have, and was wondering what are the dimensions of your wheels and tires? (diameter, width, backspacing?)

The wheels are 15x7 American Eagle Outlaw II's with a 3.75 backspacing and my tires are 30x9.5 BFG A/T

1 - 20 of 37 Posts