Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, new to this site and just arrived in this wonderful world of Tacoma ownership. Just purchased one about a month ago ('07 Silver 2wd w/ SR5 package) Only complaint (from the wife of all people!!!), stock wheelsa (steel ones). I'm trying to find as much information as I can rearding wheel options. I really like the xrunner wheels... can anyone tell me what I'm looking at as far as fit? I have the 5 lug wheels, and also what kind of headaches will the tire preassure sensors be if I end up changing the wheels? What other Toyota models could I look at as far as oem?
Sorry, like I said, I'm new to this and trying to learn as much and as quick as I can.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
13,639 Posts
welcome to CT. also check the southeast events forum. many tampa area people. funny, I just got an 06 tundra with the base model 16" steel wheels and my wife says it looks like an old mans truck and that I also need new wheels.

I think XR wheels would be the cheapest thing to do and they would look good. Being that yours is stock height, you may want a slightly larger diameter tire on it though.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Re: Factoy alloys for 5 lug.
Just to give you an idea of what a white 5 lug acceesscab would look like on Stock XRunner wheels. The tires are (2) sizes bigger than what come stock on XR's tho...(255/55/18 BFG Gforce KDW's:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Re: Factoy alloys for 5 lug.
Just to give you an idea of what a white 5 lug acceesscab would look like on Stock XRunner wheels. The tires are (2) sizes bigger than what come stock on XR's tho...(255/55/18 BFG Gforce KDW's:

Hey, that's a sweet truck!:D:D I love the tire size, no more bottoming out on my hitch. I lost some low end, but it's all good. There is some slight rubbage on the front plastic on compression, but I don't care. Also, very happy *so far* with the GForce KDW NT tire.:)

·
Black Beauty
1,458 Posts
man i cant beleave i dont know this but i have a 2wd TRD sprot double cab. do i have have 5 or 6 lugs?

·
Registered
24 Posts
go outside and count them. if theres 5 holes, you have a 5 lug. 6 holes, 6 lug.

·
Registered
79 Posts

·
Black Beauty
1,458 Posts
ya i felt real embarrassed when i posted that :cry:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts