Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all have had a good look around and this looks like a really good site.
Being from Australia my ride isnt actually a Tacoma but a Hilux.

Its a 98 model here so not sure what it would relate to in your models.
Anyway heres a quick mod list and a couple of pics.

2" Suspension Lift
2" Body Lift
33" MTRs
15x8 Mickey Thompson Classic IIs
Kingsley Step Treads
Genuine Toyota Bullbar
Genuine Toyota Sportsbar
Spotlights
UHF
Dual Batteries
Electronic Rust Prevention
Front Lokka
Rear Air Locker
Long Range Tank
Snorkel
R151 Gearbox
Lexus V8
I have just purchased a set of 315/70/17s for it but as yet havent got them fitted so only have a pic of a trial fit.

·
Banned from Auto*****s.co
2,790 Posts
Cool truck. I'm actually leaving for Auckland, NZ Thursday and will be in Brisbane at the end of next week!!!

and welcome to CT!

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,678 Posts
Welcome to CT!... :waytogo:

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
I hate to tell you this, but they messed up at the factory and installed your steering wheel on the wrong side...!! :lol:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the welcome guys. I wish we got the Tacoma over here. I am really interested in looking to fit the front end off one of your 01-04 Tacomas in the future.
The mods you guys can make are insane compared to our ridiculous modification laws.:doah:

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
10,933 Posts
PLEASE- one of you Ginny's made over 550rwhp on a 3rz as a daily driver... He used to be here all time... I believe he went by the name of AussieHilux...
Point is, if you want it laws are only inconviences... but hey you at least have a v-8 the only v-8 here I believe, that's crazy by itself...

Happy to see you aboard- and kick us down some tech on that motor, so maybe one of us a can copy you!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Racer_X said:
PLEASE- one of you Ginny's made over 550rwhp on a 3rz as a daily driver... He used to be here all time... I believe he went by the name of AussieHilux...
Point is, if you want it laws are only inconviences... but hey you at least have a v-8 the only v-8 here I believe, that's crazy by itself...

Happy to see you aboard- and kick us down some tech on that motor, so maybe one of us a can copy you!
Yeh mate there is a lot of hidden engine mods around over here. Its more the lift and tyre size they crack down on.

I am surprised to hear that there arent too many Lexus 8s getting around on here. Though that may have more to do with the fact you guys have had 6 cylinder options a lot longer than we have. I would be happy to pass on info on the swap in my opinion its a great motor and works really well in the vehicle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rugged lookin truck you got there Boof. I like the snorkel. Do you get in deep enough for it to get a workout?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No mate havent had it deep enough to need the snorkel height yet. I mainly installed it to get the air intake higher on dusty roads. The water angle is just a bonus.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts