Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Hoping you can help me pick a suspension kit (or components), given that I have a bit of a “unique” situation (maybe?). I have a 2000 Tacoma 4x4 SR5 V6 w/TRD that currently has stock TRD front suspension, and some after-market Gabriel HiJacker air shocks on the back (and stock leaf springs), which allows me to inflate the HiJackers to haul heavier loads.

I’m getting some new armor on the front (Relentless, in the ~200lb range) and as such, am looking to replace the front suspension. In doing so, I wouldn’t mind raising it an inch or two, but I like the forward-leaning stance that I have on the truck now (I don’t want to level it), and so I probably also need to raise the back an inch or two (but I think I still want air shocks back there, for heavier loads).

What would you guys recommend? Both for the front and back (do I just get longer air shocks for the back?), as well as any “accessories” that would be necessary such as exhaust spacers or UCAs (I think I don’t need those with a 2” max lift), etc. (Note that I'm currently liking the idea of coil overs on the front, if just for ease of install/adjustability.)

If there are options (price ranges), I’d love to hear them.

Thanks!
turbodb

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, so I think I've decided I'll go with an OME set of coil overs on the front. I'm curious what folks think about the back - should I just wait and see what it looks like after doing the front? Get longer air shocks and an AAL?

Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts