Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

New Addition

1K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  flowedtacoma 
#1 ·
Here is my new addition to the truck, a Kenwood DDX-7017 got an amazing deal on it. The only thing is that the damn dash kit is off color a lil. The best thing is the tilt. It tilts enough to fit almost flush w/ the kit. Tell me what you think........

Left side.....

Right side....

Close up of the color difference...

See less See more
#4 ·
SCEXPLORER said:
What made you go with this model than the DDX-6019? Do you know the difference between your model and the 6019?
I went with this one because it has a little different capabilities. It has more inputs than the 6019. It has a 5V pre amp output compared to a 2V on the 6019; which means the sound to my subs will be a little clearer. Also, it has some gray on it that matches my interior pretty good and I plan on getting some add ons to it eventually. Thats pretty much it, plus the price tag of $569 was very appealing

#6 ·
does it have navi.. and how much did u pay?

#12 ·
SCEXPLORER said:
Do you know wat kenwood navi model is compatible with this unit?
The KNA-D4100 and theKNAG510 are both compatible w/ this unit, just depends on whether or not you want a DVD based Nav or a hard-drive based nav

#13 ·
SCEXPLORER said:
How was the install? I'm planning on getting the same unit. Do you got a write up or know where i can get one?
The install was a breeze. I dont have a write up b/c i wouldnt have much to say about it. There was nothing hard about this install except gettin all the wires to go back in the dash without pushing on the unit too much. It is simply matchin colors. PM me if you want the website where i bought it from

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.