Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my 2007 speedway blue x-runner today, it came with the trd shortshifter, seat covers and security alarm. . .its niceeeee. . .. .i was tired of waiting. . .time to start saving for boost i guess. :headbang: how many miles should i put on it before i taking to 5500????

·
Registered
201 Posts
Only thing I would do is put just a few miles on it, change the oil to get the break in oil out and let her rip. Break it in now like you are goin yo drive it later.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:shrug: What is about the perfect launch RPM. This could help me save alot of tire wear :brickknoc . . .Could anyone help:drinking:

·
Registered
419 Posts
pr_xrunner said:
I'm glad you have the truck! Enjoy it! :D
I'm glad you're glad pr_xrunner, but how were you expecting to get the Gaylord Lid in Kuwait?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Drftn07 said:
:shrug: What is about the perfect launch RPM. This could help me save alot of tire wear :brickknoc . . .Could anyone help:drinking:

congrats on the truck. and what do u mean as in take off? as in regular driving or racing off the line? cause if its racing off the line i just punch the gas and let it hit a pretty high RPM and let out the clutch and burn out all the way to 2nd gear.

·
Drftn07 said:
how many miles should i put on it before i taking to 5500????
The second day I had my XR I was bouncing off the rev limiter :lol: Drive it now how you are going to drive it all the time. :waytogo: By the way congrats on the new truck man.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok thanks guys for all the good feedback. . .i am going bowhunting this weekend so ill post pics on sunday. . .there was 3 miles when i bought it. . .now theres 54. . .but it handles in the turns like a dream. :waytogo:

·
Registered
533 Posts
I like to do burn outs personally, but if you're looking for a good launch, try 2800-3000K. If that doesn't work for you, just keep lowering it a bit and you'll find the sweet spot. Good luck, and post lots of pics asap. :waytogo:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts