Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an indigo ink 06 and im putting on black steelies this week and black westin nerf bars. I like the black on blue look and what I'm wondering is if you guys think I should powdercoat my t-rex billet grill black to match.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys thats what I was thinkin too but I just needed a little push over the top. Any of you guys know what it would run to PC it. Im guessing in the 100 dollar range? I have 5 piece grill upper, lower, two side vents and sport scoop.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,678 Posts
(1) I agree - if you're going 'blackout' go all the way ...

(2) Powdercoating prices vary all over the map ... You'll need to locate and contact the coating places in your locale to get a sense of available pricing. Be sure to explain how many pieces / what size will be involved.

·
Registered
344 Posts
rmcclean12 said:
So I have an indigo ink 06 and im putting on black steelies this week and black westin nerf bars. I like the black on blue look and what I'm wondering is if you guys think I should powdercoat my t-rex billet grill black to match.
T-Rex powdered coated black, :waytogo:

Attachments

·
Registered
344 Posts
rmcclean12 said:
Thanks guys thats what I was thinkin too but I just needed a little push over the top. Any of you guys know what it would run to PC it. Im guessing in the 100 dollar range? I have 5 piece grill upper, lower, two side vents and sport scoop.
I payed $125 for all 5 pieces. I think my brother payed $150 or so. It just depends on were your at and what company you use.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea i called a few places today and I got quoted anywhere from 100-150. Thanks for the pics, those trucks look good, ill get pics up soon.

·
Banned from Auto*****s.co
2,790 Posts
Beast9899 said:
Mine is a black t-rex and i love it.
hmm... looks good but the metal arm (is that the rad support??) would look better if it was black too.... me thinks... :waytogo:

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
I wanted to do that on my 99 but not sure a black grill would look right having a chrome front bumper insert, rear chrome bumper, and chrome door handles.
What do you think?

·
Registered
344 Posts
tacomaman said:
I wanted to do that on my 99 but not sure a black grill would look right having a chrome front bumper insert, rear chrome bumper, and chrome door handles.
What do you think?
The T-rex comes polished. I got mine powder coated black. But it would look good polished against the chrome bumper and everything else. Your right though it might look funny with the grill balck and everything else chrome.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts