Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to remove the speed limit of the car, can you please recommend a device or software to remove the speed limit or even to have higher horsepower of the setup.

upgraded parts :
Magnuson supercharge
upgraded pistons
upgraded connecting rod
valve & valve spring set
exhaust and air filter

·
Registered
448 Posts
Check out vf tuner or hp tuners. Looks like vf supports the 16-22 but hp only supports up to ‘15 at this time.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Are you still running the Magnuson-provided tune? If you are I highly recommend trying out the Stryker Tune by YotaWerx.

I know this is technically promoting a different Tacoma site, but the 3rd gen population on this site is very slim compared to TacomaWorld. I'm running the Stryker tune on my 19 S/C 6MT and it's a night and day difference compared to the garbage that Magnuson provided. It gets rid of the top speed limiter and increases the factory rev limit as well.

Reactions: Enola Gaia

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Tacoma
6 Posts
The only way to truly remove this limit on your own is to obtain a tuner to tune the vehicle. There are aftermarket performance chips as well. These will work to reprogram the functions of the engine to allow it to reach a higher level. A tuner kit is generally the most common way to do this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts