Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a pic of a truck with 15 x 8 inch wheels( NO SPINDLES LIFTS PLEASE).... Anyone got a truck with those rims? Id like to get a pic showing how far the wheels stick out, but let me know what you have. Thanks.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow those stick out pretty far... loooks good though. I wnder why they stick out so much further then the 15 x 7's ....check out the difference in these photos... the first is 15 x 7 and the second is your 15 x 8's....

15 x 7

15 x 8

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
depends on the backspacing of the rims.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Shot in the dark but I'd say an 8" wheel with 3.75" backspacing will stick out 1" more than a 7" wheel with the same back space... I never was good at math though. :shrug:

Throw a 1" wheel spacer on your truck for close to the same effect... just to get an idea of what it will look like anyway.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
copieddemise said:
Shot in the dark but I'd say an 8" wheel with 3.75" backspacing will stick out 1" more than a 7" wheel with the same back space... I never was good at math though. :shrug:

Throw a 1" wheel spacer on your truck for close to the same effect... just to get an idea of what it will look like anyway.
Thats more then an inch difference. Thats like 2 1/2 inches difference

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
copieddemise said:
Huh? :shrug:
You said that 15 x 8's would stick out 1" further than the 15 x 7's.... You can clearly see by the pictures that its about 2 1/2 inches further.. :eyecrazy:

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
SoCal, what size tire are you planning on running? Anything 10.50 and narrower will look like crap on a 15x8. In my opinion even 32 x 11.50s are too narrow for an 8" rim, the wheel ends up buldging the sidewall of the tire out which is not only fugly but also makes you more likely to damage the lip of the wheel against a rock, curb etc.

If you're worried about the wheel sticking out so much, go with a 15x7 dude. :waytogo:

·
Registered
166 Posts
hey 31x10.5 on 15x8's isnt fugly:thinking:. that's what i'm running on my 00 although i would like to get some 15x7's due to the new suspension up front. Pat is right though the rubber isnt as far out there so you can bang the lip of the rim on med. to tall curbs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts