Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, my friend has a mid 90's 2wd v6 auto toyota truck. his tranny is not shifting into higher gears when driving. he'll be driving on the freeway and it will not shift into 4th or 5th gear for a long time.

just seeing if anyone can point me in the right direction to help him out. i just got a message, so i dont know much, just that it is having a hard time shifting. thanks for any help.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the tip, will send the info on to him.

btw, does anyone have any idea or past experiences that might get us in the right direction??

·
Registered
186 Posts
I would probably start with checking the tranny fluid level. Low level will cause a tranny to act up...or even old fluid.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Every once in a while when i pull up to a light and put it into nuetral, Then when i go back to put it into first gear the [email protected] won't go into gear and there is always somebody behind me and there i am trying slam it into gear. Sometimes i have to disengage the the clutch and start over. Have u guys :shrug: ran into this problem before.

·
Registered
14,485 Posts
vagrant said:
Every once in a while when i pull up to a light and put it into nuetral, Then when i go back to put it into first gear the [email protected] won't go into gear and there is always somebody behind me and there i am trying slam it into gear. Sometimes i have to disengage the the clutch and start over. Have u guys :shrug: ran into this problem before.
take it toyota it haoppens.. ya'lls trannys are junk and i thought ours were for the 2.4,... in any event if it is still under warranty take it in:waytogo:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
vagrant said:
This happens extrmely rarely with my truck. Maybe 3 times in the past 3 years. It however almost always locks me out of reverse though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts