Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been working with Carsdirect.com to order a 2007 X-Runner. The agent there is telling me that the VSC is an option that is regionally based, meaning that he cannot find a truck on the west coast with that option.

I saw this: http://www.customtacos.com/tech/files/specs/07/07_options.pdf and see that the VSC is a stand alone option for an X-Runner.

Anyone know anything about this?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appears to be a new option for X-runners on the 07 models. VSC is being distributed wider through their vehicular lineup.

But I've never heard something like this being regionally controlled. I can live without it.

I see on the Toyota web site, you cannot "special order" a vehicle with particular options as they already know exactly what they are building. Essentially, ordering from a dealer means that they find one on the assembly line with the option plan you are requesting and designate that to you for sale. Nothing gets added to it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BadX said:
Ohhhh come on. Who needs VSC:looney::puke:
<soapbox>
I don't need it since I'm in Southern California. But I may on road trips. My wife and I took a 2 week road trip from here to Kansas City. During our stop in New Mexico we hit some really heavy rain. Not many cars on the road, but we saw a F150 that had spun out and crashed into the guard rail. A few minutes later, we hit a puddle and the car shifted. Now, I've hydroplaned before, but never in a FWD car (Mazda6 wagon). The car shifted to the left and I felt the traction control kick in and we instantly caught traction. This all happened at safe speeds, given our weather!

About 2 years ago, I was driving to work. We had some really bad rainstorms here, enough to cause flooding in areas. I'd gotten all the way off the freeway (50 miles one way) and was minutes from work. A 350Z was driving like a madman, even for dry environments. He was ahead of me in the next lane of a two lane road. He fish-tailed, spun out. I hit the brakes as he spun into my lane. I didn't hydroplane at all, but knew if I tried to avoid the accident I was in real trouble as there was a ditch on one side and on-coming traffic on the other. So I kept the car straight and t-boned him, (all of this happening in shere seconds). If I had traction control in that car, perhaps the accident could have been avoided.

My car was totalled. Radiator cracked, windshield shattered, both air bags deployed. Hood and fender pushed in and completely undrivable. His car took full impact on the passenger side and I'm sure there was frame damage based on where the impact was. I still have back trouble despite physical therapy, muscle relaxers, ibuprofen and vicodin.

You ask me who wants VSC? I do. :waytogo: I currently have a F150 Harley Davidson that is factory supercharged. Quite easy to get that thing squirrely :evil:. But I sure as hell wouldn't want to be in that thing in the situation above!

I agree with you Gadget. In my opinion, vehicle manufacturers are years behind in bringing safety to the public at affordable rates. Remember how ridiculously priced air bag options were when they first arrived? They weren't even options in lower end cars! The public should never have to pay for safety in a vehicle.

</soapbox>

Now that I've said all that, I will say that I have had my fun in vehicles. My first vehicle was a 79 Toyota 4x4. That thing was a blast going through puddles on the streets. :D I've got nothing against anyone having fun in their cars or trucks, that's what this hobby is all about!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts