Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
current setup is 100% stock for now, but i am trying to gather a list of parts

front doors - Pioneer TS-D691R (6x9)
rear doors - Pioneer TS-D161R (6½)

HU - Eclipse AVN6600

subs (2)
either Polk Audio MM 2084 (8") or RF Punch Stage 2 (8")

please feel free to suggest any replacement speakers

so, what would be a couple good amps to run this setup, keeping in mind i'm not rich :lol: this is on a budget over the next 3-6 months

thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
i am in the process of installing my system now. I am using 2 amps. One for my sub (Kicker Comp VX). and one for my 6x9's. Kicker 750.1 mono and Kicker 150.2. I would say that would be your best bet. The 6.5's you have are low rms and high spl so your cd player should be enough for them. Check sounddomain.com they have decent lower priced amps. you can read reviews...also try ebay can get the same amp a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'll be buying everything off of ebay, but i still want to spend as little as possible.

as for the 6½'s, i want to run them off of a 4 channel amp, not because of power, but because of the stress it takes off the HU. i've run 2 speakers off the HU and 2 off an amp and could really hear the difference between the sets.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
lucke said:
current setup is 100% stock for now, but i am trying to gather a list of parts

front doors - Pioneer TS-D691R (6x9)
rear doors - Pioneer TS-D161R (6½)

HU - Eclipse AVN6600

subs (2)
either Polk Audio MM 2084 (8") or RF Punch Stage 2 (8")

please feel free to suggest any replacement speakers

so, what would be a couple good amps to run this setup, keeping in mind i'm not rich :lol: this is on a budget over the next 3-6 months

thanks
Nice 5 channel amp on sale here:

http://www.customtacos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73356

·
Registered
240 Posts
A JL 300/4 would sound good on any spkrs u put up front and in the rear. I just happen to have a 300/4 sitting in my guest room that is practically new (never installed) just taken out of the box for amp rack measurements.

I agree with XRobber on the 500/1 for the subs.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Have you considered Alpine's PDX series? I have the PDX-4.150 and it sounds terrific.

·
Registered
93 Posts
JBoogie said:
A JL 300/4 would sound good on any spkrs u put up front and in the rear. I just happen to have a 300/4 sitting in my guest room that is practically new (never installed) just taken out of the box for amp rack measurements.

I agree with XRobber on the 500/1 for the subs.
How much for your 300/4?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts