Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just want to share the story of my x. my x is a 2005 rr x-runner. i work at salvage yard so we see a lot of cars. i have been watching the x since it came out. i have wanted one badly. so one day my boss called and said their was some kind of sporty tacoma at the sale. it had a clean title and it was not wrecked it just needed some minor body work he wanted to know if i was interestd in it. i was drivng a lifted 01 jeep wrangler. which was like riding a pack mule everywhere. so heck yeah i was interested. i went and lookd at the truck it was a 05 rr x runner. end up the truck only has 5068 miles on it.

to make a long story short i ended up getting it for 12000.00
i replaced:
drivers door
drivers running board
rims

some won had taken the wheels off and put 16" mustang wheels on it.

i put some 20s on it with 255/45r/20 toyo proxes
removed rear cats
added single in dual out flowmaster

i have about 16500.00 in it now.
an suggestion on mods would be great.

it is the best truck i have ever had
:headbang: :headbang:
i am looking forward hanging with you guys on TC!!!!!!!

i hope to have so pics on soon.

·
StepSIde
3,295 Posts
Sounds nice and price isn't bad after all the work you put in it plus a clean title.
By the way, welcome to CT>

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,679 Posts
Welcome to CT!..... :waytogo:

Sounds like you worked yourself a nice little deal there ... :thinking: :applause:

·
Registered
156 Posts
welcome bro. good size in tire. that's what i have. good luck with the truck. if you want speed you need a s/c. good luck and welcome.

·
Registered
533 Posts
You are a saint, Doc.

You rescued that X from a droll existance. Total congrats! :waytogo: :waytogo:

Where do you reside?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Awesome deal man:waytogo: If you can score a deal on some stock headlights let me know.... Would love to have a set of spairs for the headlight mod..:waytogo:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i am trying to gets some pics on but it has been raining he since saturday.

i can try to see if i can get headlights. when i was looking for a door for my x i found that i could buy the stuff fom the dealer here for less than i could at my exchange salvage yard. sounds dumb but i bought my door for 485.00 from the dealer they wanted 700.00 at my other salvage yard. i paid 150.00 for my ground effect.

but if any of you guys need any parts i can get just about any part for any car or truck yall don't be scared to ask.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
i just want to share the story of my x. my x is a 2005 rr x-runner. i work at salvage yard so we see a lot of cars. i have been watching the x since it came out. i have wanted one badly. so one day my boss called and said their was some kind of sporty tacoma at the sale. it had a clean title and it was not wrecked it just needed some minor body work he wanted to know if i was interestd in it. i was drivng a lifted 01 jeep wrangler. which was like riding a pack mule everywhere. so heck yeah i was interested. i went and lookd at the truck it was a 05 rr x runner. end up the truck only has 5068 miles on it.

to make a long story short i ended up getting it for 12000.00
i replaced:
drivers door
drivers running board
rims

some won had taken the wheels off and put 16" mustang wheels on it.

i put some 20s on it with 255/45r/20 toyo proxes
removed rear cats
added single in dual out flowmaster

i have about 16500.00 in it now.
an suggestion on mods would be great.

it is the best truck i have ever had
:headbang: :headbang:
i am looking forward hanging with you guys on TC!!!!!!!

i hope to have so pics on soon.

SCORE!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts