Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
My name is Richard and I own and operate my own import performance shop in University Place, WA, called SPEEDFACTORY. I specialize in TIG welding and custom turbocharger kits. This is my personal vehicle, a 2000 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 V6. The TRD 5VZFE supercharger kit just wasnt cutting it for me, even with proper fuel enrichment, so i located all of the necessary components to convert it back to N/A, then i fabricated a turbo kit for it. i made twin wrap- around turbo manifolds and they meet at a Mitsubishi TF07 turbocharger with an HKS 50mm external wastegate, which i re-routed back into the downpipe for noise reasons. I run a Wideband 02 as well as both of the stock 02 sensors to ensure proper air/fuel ratios at all times. I am using 6 supra turbo injectors from a MK 3 supra, Apexi S-AFCII, BOOST and EGT gauges, a top-mounted intercooler (with my custom functional hood scoop, of course!), custom 3" exhaust, GReddy Type S BOV, and a bunch of other little stuff. Im running some NGK 7 heat range spark plugs gapped at .030 to help prevent detonation. No dyno runs yet, but It makes a ton more power than the supercharger kit did. The main thing I like is that since i used an open loop controller for the ECM, it maintains factory AFR ratios until I boost, which helps with my daily commute of about 60 miles. Ive had this on here for almost 5 months, no problems whatsoever. let me know what you guys think! PS I do have an intake pipe with the filter and the MAF, it was off for the pics.:headbang:

Would this setup work on a 99 4Runner? If so, how do I go about buying a kit from you :giggle:.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,909 Posts
Would this setup work on a 99 4Runner? If so, how do I go about buying a kit from you :giggle:.
Speedfactory206 hasn't logged onto CT in at least a dozen years, so it's unlikely he'll see your posts.

However ...

There is still a Speedfactory Racing business based in Tacoma, Washington. I'd say it's a good bet this is the enterprise Speedfactory206 said he was operating in the Seattle area. My advice would be to contact them directly:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Speedfactory206 hasn't logged onto CT in at least a dozen years, so it's unlikely he'll see your posts.

However ...

There is still a Speedfactory Racing business based in Tacoma, Washington. I'd say it's a good bet this is the enterprise Speedfactory206 said he was operating in the Seattle area. My advice would be to contact them directly:

Just did. Thanks for the heads up.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts