Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
sweet truck bro, what size your rims? and you in cali? how you pass smog with the turbo? solid truck brah. that carbon fiber hood looks sikk!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The rims are 19's with 35 series tires, and i have ways to get my truck smooged with the turbo kit on it.

D

·
0 Posts
That truck is f***in sick as hell. I have been reading everyones posts and is sounds like this guy is willing to actually cut his truck to do what he wants. All the rest of you guys have to buy lowering kits because you are scared of trying to experiemnt and put something on that is not "bolt on". This guy had balls, maybe you all should take him as an example and make your rides more personal and not all look the same.

D

·
0 Posts
That truck is rad. My moddo is "Go big or Go home" and it seems to me that this guy has the same. Way to go Beezer.

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Mr. Anonymous, I must say that your post came off a little abrasive, but I have to admit: you make valid point.

It seems like a growing trend nowadays for custom vehicle enthusiasts (not just Tacoma owners, not just mini truckers, even) to perform lots of easy, simple bolt-on modifications rather than doing more customized and gutsy mods. I can't claim that I'm not part of that crowd, because my truck is mostly easy, simple mods so far (except the 6" step notch).

One thing that I was thinking about after I read your post is that there are definitely different types of enthusiasts. You've got your guys who just want to change out their wheels and maybe change some lenses. Then you've got your guys who go a little further and do a few performance mods, some bolt-in suspension mods, etc. Then, you've got the guys that go full-out custom, like LowTaco98, Mike Finnegan's Burnt Taco, Spicy Taco, Tukin' Taco, just to name a few.

The big thing is: each person has their own level of nowadays that they're comfortable with. Some people don't go all-out custom with their trucks because they're afraid to, others don't because of the money involved. I, personally, would absolutely LOVE to bag my truck and lay it flat on the ground, but it's the only vehicle I have and I need to be 100% sure that it's dependable. (That's a whole 'nother conversation, though, and by the way, I'm starting to think that with the right setup, 'bags CAN be dependable and safe)

So, my point is that not everyone WANTS to make a full-blown custom show truck with their 'Taco. Each person has their own goals for their truck and that's what's important.

(Sorry if I rambled here, but I thought that this guy brought up a very interesting topic)

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Jeff is correct, each person has a comfort zone they can handle. Me personally im not happy till im doing things that haven't been done. Like 4 runner front clip on a taco, 20's on the back molded fenders to cab, ect ect ect. But that dont mean that the guys that are only doing bolt on mods suck, just means they are in a different class than some of the rest. Nothing more.

Jeff I drive my truck daily so if you plan to bag yours and wanna know what im doing for reliablity id be glad to list what parts im using with much luck, not one down day yet. 45,000 miles too.

D

·
0 Posts
Sick truck man. I give you props for that sh*t. Are you planning any future mods?

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
hey which turbo setup is that??? LC or EL??? I cannot decide if i shoudl leave the engine the way it is and bolt on one of those kits or get a junk yard motor tear it down rebuild it with low compression and do an all out turbo system running huigh boost and intercooler .. obviously the first method is most cost effective ...lol .. and right now i am broke so that wont even happen for a few months.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The kit is from E.L. Prototypes. Evertything seems to be going fine, but I'm going to have my freind fab up an intercooler for me. I don't want to put a front body kit on the truck just to mount an intercooler up front, so a may put one out of an 300 Z or RX-7 behind the bumper in front of the passenger wheel. But we will see, my freind is a turbo wiz, and I'm sure he has some ideas. I also would like to know what you guys thing about locations for an intercooler.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
First i would try to find a Starion intercooler...then i would try to fit it behind the grill w/o cutting the grill out...maybe try to shave the grill some...try to stay stealth...my boys taco just screams i'm turbo w/ his intercooler up front but i must i dig it

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thats a cool truck. Like mine except for the turbo and the hood.oh yeah and the rims. I got 16's but I keep em clean. Have you any idea how much horsepower your pushing and or ahve you ever ran it at the track.
Peace Tacomaracer

1 - 20 of 24 Posts