Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the most recent autocross, I got first place PAX time and Second RAW time. My buddies 2010 mazda speed 3 wouldve beat me but he went off course in the first left sweeper by one cone. He has intake, tune, and eibach pro kit. I have all my stuff plus slicks...but still he has 15 years and 120hp and 100 tq on me at the wheels :)

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Did anyone get video of you guys from outside? I'd love to see that. Have your mods and tires forced you to race in a higher class than normal Tacomas?

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
No only in car :( and I'm running Fsp this year.
( looks at your location ) you running with Tidewater ? ( TSCC )

what R Compounds are you running ? Open Class or Novice ?

say hi to Sebastian in F125 for me.

dave

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,720 Posts
Did anyone get video of you guys from outside? I'd love to see that. Have your mods and tires forced you to race in a higher class than normal Tacomas?
X2, want that..

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
also, Dave I think you know my friend TJ Tiu, he had a white turbo Volvo wagon he used to autocross
yup, remember him and his car very well... thats because i have only seen two Volvo wagons run with us, and one was a POS... TJ's is the very nice one.

http://lvrscca.org/?page_id=35&album=1&gallery=19&nggpage=2

http://lvrscca.org/?page_id=35&album=1&gallery=19&nggpage=3

http://lvrscca.org/?page_id=35&album=1&gallery=19&nggpage=5

ooops ! fail on the links... but if you click on the pictures on those pages, you will run across his white wagon... some of our white 89 civic too.

dave

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
( looks at your location ) you running with Tidewater ? ( TSCC )

what R Compounds are you running ? Open Class or Novice ?

say hi to Sebastian in F125 for me.

dave
Novice Fsp :( and I'm running 23x9.5x15 r35a compound hoosiers.

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Novice Fsp :( and I'm running 23x9.5x15 r35a compound hoosiers.
hummm... you are not legal for FSP. you can only run D.O.T. R Compounds in Street Prepared classes, like the Hoosier A6, or Kumho V710. the R35A is a real slick, and you can only run those in Prepared, or Modified classes.

...but, i wont tell. :evil: but i bet that if you go to the open classes, people are going to notice.

dave

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hummm... you are not legal for FSP. you can only run D.O.T. R Compounds in Street Prepared classes, like the Hoosier A6, or Kumho V710. the R35A is a real slick, and you can only run those in Prepared, or Modified classes.

...but, i wont tell. :evil: but i bet that if you go to the open classes, people are going to notice.

dave
i was wondering about that, suprised the tech guys didnt say anything. what should i be running? NSMF?

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
i was wondering about that, suprised the tech guys didnt say anything. what should i be running? NSMF?
tech is only supposed to check if the vehicle is safe... not to see if it is legal. now if your competitors in Novice wanted to get nasty about it, they can protest you and you would be DQ'ed. here in LV, our local events are really laid back, and the offending competitor would just be informed to sign up for the proper class next time. but, i dont know how serious your region is about stuff like that.

the Street Modified classes have to run D.O.T. tires too. ...and SMF stands for Street Modified Front wheel drive. :D

with the R35A's, you would have to run in a Prepared or Modified class. while there is no specific listing for trucks in Prepared, it seems to fit in D Prepared. it also fits in D Modified.

so, the progression for a 2.4L Tacoma would be:

DOT R Compounds in H Stock > to street tires in Street Touring > to DOT R F Street Prepared > to DOT R Street Modified.

with true slicks, D Prepared > D Modified.

your best bet would be your next set of tires be a DOT R Compound. i know of a couple of Tacomas in FSP that do well in local events.

anyway, if you want to read the detailed rules, here you go:
http://scca.org/documents/2011 Tech/2011 SCCA Solo Rules.pdf

dave

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Today was the 2nd autocross of the season, Finished 2nd out of 23 novices, beat the rtard drivers of a 370z and a 2011 sti :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts