Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are my uppers I built using the screw in ball joint. This joint gets 30 degrees travel, alot more than than the stock joint. Built from 1" DOM and tig welded. Thought i would share.
Later

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
tacoturbo95 said:
How much for a set?
It depends.
If you want bushings (they accept the stock bushing, I am going to use the daystar bushings) and if you want the ball joints included. The joints are only about $20 a peice, and the daystar bushing kit is about ? $70 through summit racing.
Also what length would you want them? Stock length, longer than stock?
Mine are 1/2" longer, but I also have a 1/2" spindle spacer.

So, does $200 a set, any length , without bushing or joints(they are just a moog or TRW ball joint that can be picked up at the local parts house) sound fair? I would try to see if I could get a deal on bushings but there is a 2 week lead time from Daystar.

The only thing about the screw in ball joint is that 2 washers are needed to make the castle nut reach the cotter pin hole, not a problem though, mustang II kits are this way.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
copieddemise said:
Looks good. Is the ball joint flat? Are the arms symmetrical, same arm both sides / ball joint centered into the arm or did you build some caster into 'em?
They are symmetrical, because they are going on a slammed truck.
I built a universal fixture , so building caster into them wouldn't be much of a problem.

·
Premium Member
8,245 Posts
Dirk said:
So, does $200 a set, any length , without bushing or joints(they are just a moog or TRW ball joint that can be picked up at the local parts house) sound fair?
i will have to keep that in mind, i would like some longer arms so i can have a decent alignment low....will be a little while before i can afford em though, sounds like a decent deal though

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
footinmouth said:
Dirk, I have a couple things I need made for my anti-sway bars,would you be interested in making them? thanks John
What do you need? I have access to a full machine shop, so I am sure i can help you out.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I want to make sliding anti-sway bar end links for my rear 5/8 bar.It will be a clamp that will slide foward on the bar to tune my suspention.A braket will also have to be made that I will weld or bolt to the frame for the top of the end link. I think 3 holes will be fine for the top braket. This way i can move the bar 1 1/5 inches. The front won't slide it will mount about 1 1/4 behind the factory hole. The front bar has a flat section I can drill a hole in ,Only problem is the flat section is on the side so the bolt will have to be parallel with the ground and have a heim joint. Grabbing the front bar 1 1/4 back should make it alot stiffer .My truck is an 01 and if you look under a toyota you will see the flat part of the bar.So after its all in I can tune the rear to match the front .I hope I explained it so you can understand.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.