Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

My PnP projector lights...2003 Taco

3K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  GPT Taco 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Got my G3 projector lights in, painted the light housing satin black and modified the projector cut-off line straight.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
The light output on the G3 is great in my opinion. I can't compare it to the G1 since I don't know anyone that has them. I did compare it to my bros Audi A4 projectors and they are about the same. But I think factory hid projectors will always be way superior. After making modifications to the cut- off line I may have improved the G3 projectors. I'll take night pics as soon as I get back from Texas.

To the guy asking where I got the G3 from- I got it brand new from a guy off craigslist in my area. $150. He only had the blue halo available.

G3 projector specs:
d2c 6000k bulb
philips ballast
modified reflector shield (straight cut-off line)
wired blue halos to light up only when my alarm goes off

#7 · (Edited)
When you modded the cutoff, what did you use and how did you attach it??
I just got my G1's in and one of my D2S bulbs burnt out on me....lol

I really hate the stepped cutoff lines and had mine apart and should have done mine..

#8 ·
When you modded the cutoff, what did you use and how did you attach it??
I just got my G1's in and one of my D2S bulbs burnt out on me....lol

I really hate the stepped cutoff lines and had mine apart and should have done mine..
Don't really know why you hate the step.. that's what makes it DOT. Keeps your shoulder visibility good but keeps from blinding oncoming drivers on your left..

the OP, I would paint that shroud black.. it would look a lot better IMO

#10 ·
All that's gonna do is take away 3-4 feet of your top light output on your driver side... you might as well leave it.. the steps essentially come together once the beam projects far enough. If you kill the step making the beam higher on the driver side as a whole, then you are gonna have to lower them to keep from blinding oncoming drivers. Once you lower them enough, you're going to lose your top light output again.

Again, just leave the step. It's safer that way.

#11 ·
I like like the clean look of the cutoff line..
I know what it's all about and wouldn't mess with it on the G1'a, I would mess with it on the G3's tho..

the G3's are too sloppy..

I wish we could just buy replacment headlight lenses because
the G1's I modded into those JDM's like you used to have..

#12 ·
I like like the clean look of the cutoff line..
I know what it's all about and wouldn't mess with it on the G1'a, I would mess with it on the G3's tho..

the G3's are too sloppy..

I wish we could just buy replacment headlight lenses because
the G1's I modded into those JDM's like you used to have..

Yeah the G3s have that ECE style cutoff and I personally do not like the lack of width for the high beams on them either.

Why do you need new lenses?

#13 ·
the JDM's have almost a year on them and the lenses have some pits..
I know its enevitable but after all that work and to have little imperfections..
no biggie..

but it would be nice to just be able to buy the lenses..
I'd rebuild my stock headlights after BHLM'in em like you did and sell em....

#18 · (Edited)
Please forgive me if this is in another thread, I have looked and haven't found it, but how did you put the G3 projectors in?
My lenses look hazy on the inside and I figure if I'm going to replace the headlight assembly, then I might as well see if I can upgrade.
I have a 2003 also and it seems that it's the wrong year for aftermarket accessories, just my damn luck

#19 ·
You have to put your whole headlight housing in the oven and bake them for 8 minutes at 300 degrees. This will allow you to separate the lens from the housing and then install the G3 projector. The G3 projector has a threaded end where you fasten a nut onto it from the backside of your housing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.