Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I just burned up a whole tank of gas just driving from home to work in almost 2 weeks.. I didnt do any hard driving. I averaged maybe 35-40 mph and didnt go over 2.5k rpm and only did 360 miles till the fuel light came on. so I averaged 17mpg... if i remember a full tank is 21gallons? Anyone else average about the same? I used 89 octane... can grade of gas affect it in anyway? im about to go fill up with supreme now. The gas prices have dropped $.10 ;) since I last filled up hehe.

·
Registered
247 Posts
damn that is really good. the most ive got is 360. my average is around 280 to 300 but then again i dont baby it

·
Registered
247 Posts
oh yeah and i only use 93

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just filled up and it stopped at 18 gallons? is this rite i thought the 05+ tacos had a 21 gal tank? i filled up rite when the light came on, so maybe thats like a 3 gal warning? :shrug:

·
Registered
278 Posts
x1andy said:
i just filled up and it stopped at 18 gallons? is this rite i thought the 05+ tacos had a 21 gal tank? i filled up rite when the light came on, so maybe thats like a 3 gal warning? :shrug:
yes when the light comes on there is 3 gallons remaining. 360 is good either way thought. i usually get about 260-280 till the light comes on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts