Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I wish you are alright now. God bless you.

so all of u know who were there my hand was infected
and for the ones who didnt...well it was/is
i decided that my hand being a little swollen and red wasnt gonna keep me from tacoberfest so i didnt go to the doc first to get meds
well friday i was fine and cleaned it out some
saturday it started to swell and hurt more so i kept cleaning it out and keeping it covered
well by late saturday evening my hand had swollen pretty good so josh and i went to the copper basin er........u had to ring a bel if u had an emergency:looney:
well the doc gave me some drugs and told me to tak a lot of motrin
well that worked for me
sunday morning rolls around and my pinky and ring finger knuckles start to disappear....i get kinda worried
well i get home and then decide to go to my girs house since the doc said the drugs would take a bit to make a difference
well it didnt make crap for a difference
my hand started to swell like a balloon and we tried soaking it in epson salt and using a hot compress
so we decide to go back to the er in chattanooga
well by that time all my knuckles were a bit gone from swelling and i was in pretty serious pain
the doc cut it open and let me tell ya....that SH!T HURTS
whatever he used to numb it didnt really work but he got a chunk of the infection out but my hand still needs to drain
so he left the packaging in to let it do so
well this morning my hand is still swollen
i get up to take a piss and pass out afterpeeing what seems like my whole bladder
and ust a few minutes ago i threw up a grilled cheese sandwhich and some meds
heres 3 pics from the er

·
Registered
926 Posts
It was a bug bite I picked at
I'm a little ocd with things on my skin
And most likely the infection is mrsa
I had it about a month ago and they think that's what it is again
what is ocd? Only call days?
what is mrsa? mans releif sensing actuator?

just a little fun but I seriously have no clue what these mean.
I am not much into going to the doctor so these terms get by me.

Thanks for the answers and I hope you get well real soon cause that dont look like its any fun at all. Sorry to see that on anyone.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Dam 98tacoma27
I looked to check my spelling and there that is kinda shocked me.

:runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: AAAHHHHH!!

·
Registered
10,388 Posts
OCD = Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
MRSA = methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus. Staph in other words.

Fun. lol.

On a side note, my friend is doing is rounds for a nursing program. Anyway he told me a story about one night he was working, a guy (around 24 yr old) came in with an infection to his penis. After examination, they found in was infected w/ MRSA and the infection had spread into his leg. They had to amputate his whole penis/nuts/everything. They asked him how it got infected and he said it was from shaving his sack. Not sure how long the guy waited until he came in but it had to be a damn long time.

Note: Clean your sh!t guys.

·
Registered
816 Posts
so i just got a txt from mak. and he said the surgery went well on his hand.:waytogo:

that's all the info i got for now, but im sure he'll be on here sometime to give an update.

·
too broke for boost
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Well I'm back in my room from surgery
So I'm a but drowsey
From what I know they got the bulk of the infection out and now ill just have to let it heel
I'm apparently allergic to morphin...**** gave me a redic headache that's just now going away

I'm gonna be out of work for 2 weeks atleast and probably in the hospital till tomorrow

And no it wasnmt a spider bite..it was a skeeter bite that I picked at and scratched at and then it got infected
Went to the er and they cut it open and initially just made it worse hence me in the hospital

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey Mak!

That's some serious crap. A guy that works for me just went through the same thing about 2 months ago and they cut out a huge chunk of his stomach (but he's a pretty big dude anyway.) He was out for about the same two week period and had to have IV anti-biotics for like 30-45 days after-the-fact to make sure there were no other issues.

Glad to hear you're doin alright now! I hope you get back to normal soon!

...and let us know how you're doin!

Cheers!

Matt

·
too broke for boost
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Thanks for all the support guys
I think they feel pretty good about the surgery so I should be home soon
And about an hour after surgery I ate some chick fil a haha...this hospitals cafeteria is awesome haha

I'm pretty anxious to see what my hand looks like...hopefully they'll show me tomorrow

·
Waxed to Perfection
5,658 Posts
Glad you are feeling better Mak, 2 weeks light duty, and 2-3 months of therapy.. If you are lucky..

·
Waxed to Perfection
5,658 Posts
But in the end....
Tacoberfest was worth all the trouble!
Tacoberfest was not the prelude to the problem.. It only post poned you getting the medical attention you needed.. But in all fairness, I would have done the same thing..

·
too broke for boost
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Well I'm still in the hospital
And probably won't get to leave till tomorrow
Apparently the meds I'm on are crazy expensive in pill form so its cheaper to stay in the hospital and take it iv
I've still got some swelling but sheesh I wanna go home

I know my infection started before tacoberfest but instead of going to the doc first I decided I'd go to the fest instead

·
slow poke
3,098 Posts
I know my infection started before tacoberfest but instead of going to the doc first I decided I'd go to the fest instead
It was probably worth it :thinking:

"The thing I hate about camping is your pillow always feels sweaty even if its cold..... that's gay."

Hang in there, Mak!!

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
i probably would have skipped going to the doc too. Tacoberfest #5 only comes once but ya have 2 hands :lol:

·
WTF DOES IT MATTER
3,596 Posts
i had something like that right on my quad. i couldnt walk and i had picked at it and popped it so i was getting puss but it only got worse. went to the doc without insurance. first the injected some numbing stuff right next to the hole i had. wish i had pics. then they started stabbing and poking around inside the hole. that **** hurt. it was right before halloween too. i was off of work for like 5 days and just took some antibiotics and i was all good. but man it starts to sweel and you cant freakin move it it hurts so bad.

glad your feelin beeter man. i know your pain

21 - 40 of 67 Posts