Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i finally got my new Turbo manifold from brendan at PSI and let me tell you what it was worth the weight, it is rock solid and the welds are awsome....it was also custom made to my specs...it clears the ac compressor and also brendan convinced me to go with the external wastegate like i have but out of the downpipe by using the flaper vavle port on the back of the turbo that was put there for an internal wastegate.....
well anyways i definalty recommend psi racing ...although it took a while and i didnt get a sticker lol...but thanks brendan.

http://www.customtacos.com/gallery2/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=7756

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
10,933 Posts
Wow that look great... now for polish on both the header and the DP!

·
Registered
8,276 Posts
Jimmy, with all the respect, I've looked into your gallery, and the 3rd pic from the left. The one that shows the flange of the downpipe with the waste gate, doesn't seem to line up correctly. Maybe that's just me, but that flange doesn't look exactly in the center; it's kinda off respect the dowpipe.
You can see the downpipe edges on the side on the flange....:shrug:
I'm assuming, you got it bare from PSI, and paint it black yourself...
Anyway, hopefully it will deliver...;)

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you are correct the exhaust pipe on the plange for the downpipe is a little of center but not enough to make a difference ...brendan through that together for me....and also the manifold came black

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Brendan was working on our manifolds at the same time so maybe mine will be here soon! :thinking: :clapping: I will deffinatly post pics when I get it! Then it's gettin put on the truck! :D :evil: :headbang:

·
Registered
8,276 Posts
What steel did he used ? 304 ?

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Let us know how it works. I dont really like the design but if it works well and the price is right it might be worth it.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
if you don't mind me askin, how much did u pay for the header? i'm about to start up a turbo project myself. it'll probably take about 2-3 years in the taking.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
cardinaltaco said it was around $600 in earlier threads. paradise racing makes a nice turbo manifold also

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yah the manifold and the downpipe was about 680 shipped but you get what you pay for...all i know is that this manifold is twice as thick as my old one adn i dont see how this one wont last a while it is solid...welds are awsome...and brendan stands by his work

·
Registered
8,276 Posts
ochizon said:
Im sure its mild steel.
Would it be too weak using stainless steel 304, or even 321...:D ...I've seen beautiful jobs done by the company "Full Race"...:jawdrop: ...:drool:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts