Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of swaping a 2jz in to my 06 XR. I was think of supercharging my xr but, I think a 2jz with a t68 or t88 turbo would do the job. Has any one tryed to put on in there truck.
thanks

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
10,933 Posts
Being that most people still have power train warrentees I doubt it... and NO in Cali will be able to do it unless they simply could careless about smogging issues... It is possible though... but with the room you have why not a boosted 383 stroker? now that would be awesome!

And which in Elkton do you live? Being that that it's a popular city name and all!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thats a long engine...better measure the bay first...

If its Elkton MD, we were almost neighbors. I used to live in North East...down at the end of Turkey Point to be exact.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I have already looked into this! You are looking to spend over 10K! Between motor, tranny, and ECU. Also you got to think about motor mounts, IC piping, and a management system. Just my two cents. I thought about it and for that amount of money I dont think its worth it!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Why take a step down in displacement? Take the money you'd spend on a swap, send your internals off to one of the many companies that'll build to your spec, and build a bulletproof 1GR with a ton of money to spare.

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
also an insanly strong motor that has LOADS of aftermarket for it and make huge power...id love to sticka 2jz TT in my X

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i live in elkton, MD. I have alot of freinds with supra's and that motor can rev up 9,000 rpm and make alot of power.

·
Registered
606 Posts
dude just find you a wrecked camaro and pull the ls1 out of it and build it up and have 500hp n/a. screw boost and throw a 150 shot tnt nitrous kit on it and you will have 650 hp. use the t-56 six speed tranny out of a camaro and oh yeah find a rear end that will hold up too

1 - 12 of 12 Posts