Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Recently, I tried out the URD Port Fueler for my double cab truck. Gadget and I were very surprised to find out that it didn't fit due to the extra large brake booster on the heaver Double Cab trucks. Of course, Gadget immediately offered to take it all back, for a refund, as we all have come to expect great customer service from them.

But, I was determined to make it fit, plus I had $312.00 invested in new 24lb Bosch/ford racing fuel injectors, that since they were open, were not returnable.

I opted to have a go at shorting the top fuel rail just a bit, to get it to work. Even after the shorter fuel rail was fitted, I was not happy with the extremely close fit. and feared the engine moving around may hit/rub the fuel rail on the booster, and cause fuel leak, and then fire. SO, after all, Gadget was right, it just is not going to work on the double cab. So if you have a double cab, read no further...

So I'm offering the 6 new injectors, and the modified fueler for 265.00 shipped to your door. Why so cheap? Read on.

The 6 new injectors cost me $312 delivered, about $60 each. While these injectors are new, and have never had fuel through them, I have a couple, that after installing and removing them from the fueler many times, have some cuts out of the o-rings, due to the extremely tight fit, and sharp edges of the fueler. No big deal, but you would most likely want to replace the o-rings. Next, also, due to the extremely tight fit, I ended up bending the top lip of two of the fuel injectors. This is not going to effect the seal and how it works. the top flange of the injector basically holds the o-ring on while you are pulling the injector off. Please see pictures.

Now the fueler. I welded up the end, and also did a pressure check with about 25psi from my air compressor, with the weld under water, and saw no air bubbles. So I believe it is fine. BUT, if, for some reason, it does leak, and you have to rework the weld, worst case scenario, it will cost you about 80 bucks to have it re-welded, if you can't do it your self.

So my price, and my loss, is taking into account that you will have to buy 12 new o-rings for about 12 bucks, also, the injectors, if you absolutely cannot stand the Bent flange, will cost another 120. And finally, the fueler, if it does leak, will require another 80.00.

And one last thing, you will need to fab up some type of bracket to hold the top fuel rail on. I was going to, but after it still didn't fit, I sat the project back down on my bench, and admitted defeat. you will have to do it.

Here is a link to the original pictures showing the rail not fitting, please note the date on the pictures.
http://swanie.com/urd_port_fueler.zip

And a link to the modified fueler, and all the injectors, and the rest of parts that come with it.
http://swanie.com/urd_modified_port_fueler.zip

Also note, the fuel hose and T fitting are used, but I bet you won't mind that knowing it came off of Gadgets own truck. That simple fact alone is worth another 10HP!:D

OK, that's the story, and you can view the pictures. Please, serious inquires only. I need to sell this before the wife starts adding up my hobby purchases:waytogo:

Michael

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I couldn't figure out how to delete this, so I just wanted to post up that the port fuler is no longer for sale. I have a new idea on how to get it to fit.

Swanie

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi all,
Recently, I tried out the URD Port Fueler for my double cab truck. Gadget and I were very surprised to find out that it didn't fit due to the extra large brake booster on the heaver Double Cab trucks. Of course, Gadget immediately offered to take it all back, for a refund, as we all have come to expect great customer service from them.

But, I was determined to make it fit, plus I had $312.00 invested in new 24lb Bosch/ford racing fuel injectors, that since they were open, were not returnable.

I opted to have a go at shorting the top fuel rail just a bit, to get it to work. Even after the shorter fuel rail was fitted, I was not happy with the extremely close fit. and feared the engine moving around may hit/rub the fuel rail on the booster, and cause fuel leak, and then fire. SO, after all, Gadget was right, it just is not going to work on the double cab. So if you have a double cab, read no further...

So I'm offering the 6 new injectors, and the modified fueler for 265.00 shipped to your door. Why so cheap? Read on.

The 6 new injectors cost me $312 delivered, about $60 each. While these injectors are new, and have never had fuel through them, I have a couple, that after installing and removing them from the fueler many times, have some cuts out of the o-rings, due to the extremely tight fit, and sharp edges of the fueler. No big deal, but you would most likely want to replace the o-rings. Next, also, due to the extremely tight fit, I ended up bending the top lip of two of the fuel injectors. This is not going to effect the seal and how it works. the top flange of the injector basically holds the o-ring on while you are pulling the injector off. Please see pictures.

Now the fueler. I welded up the end, and also did a pressure check with about 25psi from my air compressor, with the weld under water, and saw no air bubbles. So I believe it is fine. BUT, if, for some reason, it does leak, and you have to rework the weld, worst case scenario, it will cost you about 80 bucks to have it re-welded, if you can't do it your self.

So my price, and my loss, is taking into account that you will have to buy 12 new o-rings for about 12 bucks, also, the injectors, if you absolutely cannot stand the Bent flange, will cost another 120. And finally, the fueler, if it does leak, will require another 80.00.

And one last thing, you will need to fab up some type of bracket to hold the top fuel rail on. I was going to, but after it still didn't fit, I sat the project back down on my bench, and admitted defeat. you will have to do it.

Here is a link to the original pictures showing the rail not fitting, please note the date on the pictures.
http://swanie.com/urd_port_fueler.zip

And a link to the modified fueler, and all the injectors, and the rest of parts that come with it.
http://swanie.com/urd_modified_port_fueler.zip

Also note, the fuel hose and T fitting are used, but I bet you won't mind that knowing it came off of Gadgets own truck. That simple fact alone is worth another 10HP!:D

OK, that's the story, and you can view the pictures. Please, serious inquires only. I need to sell this before the wife starts adding up my hobby purchases:waytogo:

Michael
I couldn't figure out how to delete this, so I just wanted to post up that the port fuler is no longer for sale. I have a new idea on how to get it to fit.

Swanie
I have a question about the fitment of the turbo port fueler on a Double Cab.
Since I have a 1.5" body lift, my engine will be sitting lower compared to the brake booster.
Would this improve the fitment?
Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts