Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
The "flage style" mirrors started with the introduction of the Taco 1995 1/2, the fixed mirrors came out in the 01 or 02 models. I am getting 4 Runner mirrors for mine and going to try to hook up the electrics. I have a right side one already now all I need is left, a switch, and figure how the hell to wire it up.

·
Registered
282 Posts
i got fixed mirrors on my 00

·
Registered
311 Posts
I stand corrected, the models change partway through the year at times, may also be a Canada/US thing.

To wire power mirrors, I'm not sure, there may be a spot in the fuse panel for such a thing, you may have to try a salvage yard and see how the wiring is done on another vehicle. Which is also a good place to find reasonably priced mirrors and switch.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I've heard you can use the mirrors of the older toyota trucks with the same style mirrors. my friend putt on taco mirrors on the older toyota truck with a little bit of modification so I'm gonna try to put the M3 mirrors on for the older toyota truck onto my taco.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I was gonna try to fit the color keyed mirrors from the F150.. havent been able to pick up a used one to see if it'll work yet though...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts