Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone by chance have the correct connectors for the speaker wires?
I tried looking it up but there were multiple numbers that showed up.

Metra 72-8104?

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,865 Posts
Clues, please ... What are the specifics of the situation for which you're seeking cables?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just swapping speakers. Retain factory wiring. Want to plug in the new speakers without modifying the factory harnesses. Making new speakers plug and play. Didn't know if the non-JBL Premium had different connectors than the JBL Premium. A lot of info on the non JBL because it doesn't have the integrated amplifier.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,865 Posts
I don't have any wiring diagrams as recent as 2019. However, I can verify that up until a few years ago the basic and premium (JBL) audio systems used different numbers of connectors - some of which were use by both systems, and some of which were specific to one or the other.

I suspect you're gonna need the wiring diagram for your particular system or system group (assuming Toyota still includes the connector specs and illustrations with the system wiring diagrams).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was hoping someone would know since I've seen a bunch of people swap speakers. Even if someone took a pic of the connector or harness, since they're always posting them for sale. I'm not having any luck finding the diagrams.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,865 Posts
If you haven't done so already, check over at Tacoma World:

There are several threads there about speaker swaps on the 2016 - 2019 generation, with a lot of details on the wiring and custom-making harnesses.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
If you haven't done so already, check over at Tacoma World:

There are several threads there about speaker swaps on the 2016 - 2019 generation, with a lot of details on the wiring and custom-making harnesses.
I understand what you're saying. I didn't see many specifically going into detail on JBL Premium speakers and what adapters. I really want to leave the adapters and harnesses alone. There's a lot of info on the Entune non-JBL and standard speakers. Most of the JBL Premium Speakers are just ripped out and rewired with a new amp. I just wanted to upgrade the speakers themselves knowing there won't be huge improvements. But aiming for slight improvements at a fraction of the cost. Just want to find the connectors. I did start a thread over there and listed my findings of connectors and haven't received any input. I'm guessing people just tossed the JBL Speakers aside or they cut and soldered the factory wiring. Just trying to avoid that. I'll keep digging. See if I can find better pictures and try to match it up. TW is blocked where I'm at at the moment. I also assumed if I could figure out the exact model numbers, I could share them with the community so everyone knew for sure going forward.

Checked the Service Manuals wiring diagrams and it shows 4 and 6 speaker options. No mention of the JBL. Shows the same speakers but different impedance. I think the connectors are the same 72-8104. I'll just order those and see if they match up whenever I get everything to start this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts