Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just had my 50 series flowmaster swapped out for a 18" magna flow and wow. all i can say is now that i have heard both on my truck. i think the magnaflow is 100 times better. i liked the flowmaster but it was a bit to loud and had way to much of that tin can sound. so for those trying to decide which muffler to get i highly recomend the 18 magnaflow very clean and very smooth but incredibly rich soundign with plenty of depth in the tone when you step on it.:waytogo:

·
Registered
127 Posts
agreed:waytogo:

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i saw the urd kit and to be honest the kit its self is cool but i think the kit i heard was using either a magna flow that had the name one the top(so no one could see) or it was a mag ripp off. but it sounded good dont get me wrong. but im not down with spending a but load of cash on a sytem that i dont know all the facts on. plus sorry im not a urd whore.

·
Toyota Tacoma X-Runner
2,067 Posts
hhmm interesting. so clearly you saying the price is way high for the kit and might even be cheap stuff?
i wonder if gadget would be interested to shed some light on your thoughts and the quality of the kit.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
5000XD said:
hhmm interesting. so clearly you saying the price is way high for the kit and might even be cheap stuff?
i wonder if gadget would be interested to shed some light on your thoughts and the quality of the kit.
not really im saying it looked liek a mag under there but i didnt see the mag name. for me i dont need shiney brushed stainless so i went with satin stainless. i got quoted 300 to do a full 3" cat back in satin stainless. i went with just the muffler fo rnow to see if i like it and maybe later down the road do the full cat back. so what im saying is for me to spend the extra cash is pointless and plus i dont know what muffler they are using but i got just about the exact sound out of a 18"magnaflow

·
Registered
916 Posts
It does sound very sexy.. Extremely similar to John's... Hmmmmmm but a tad quieter

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ta-low-ma said:
It does sound very sexy.. Extremely similar to John's... Hmmmmmm but a tad quieter
thats what i was going for. i like the more aggresive sound but i love the fact it stays nice and quiet when i want it to.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ouch you guys are harsh. lol any ways back to the muffler. i have a question for those of you wiht the magnaflows. have any of you upped the size of the rear section of tail pipe.(from the muffler back)?

·
Tacorpulent HP
2,306 Posts
vtechthis said:
ouch you guys are harsh. lol any ways back to the muffler. i have a question for those of you wiht the magnaflows. have any of you upped the size of the rear section of tail pipe.(from the muffler back)?
i have the catback for the xrunner which is 2.5 up to the muffler, which is 18 inches, and after the muffler the piping is 3 inches and the tailpipe is noticeably larger than stock.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Xacto said:
i have the catback for the xrunner which is 2.5 up to the muffler, which is 18 inches, and after the muffler the piping is 3 inches and the tailpipe is noticeably larger than stock.
can you tell if the outlet on the muffler is 2.5 and uses flaired tube or is it a 3" outlet?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts