Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

MAF sensor calibrator or AFR sensor calibrator?

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  BlackSunshine916 
#1 ·
I have an '01 S-Runner with airaid intake tube,k&n drop-in,6" deckplate,18"magnaflow,TB coolant bypass and I need to tune.Do I need to get the MAF sensor calibrator?, the AFR sensor calibrator?, both?:shrug: Also, other than a laptop, what else do I need to tune with these devices? Any help is greatly appreciated, if Gadget sees this please help me dude!

#5 · (Edited)
A Scantool isn't needed for the open loop tuning that BlackSunshine916 will be doing. It might be a benefit to do closed loop tuning, but it isn't necessary.

The Wideband O2 has nothing to do with what is already installed in your truck. It is a gauge that you will use to measure the air/fuel ratio, so that you know whether to add or subtract fuel at various engine load levels.

You really should read the URD U-Tune Guide, but ignore the closed loop tuning and fuel trim stuff. Also ignore the ignition timing section. You'll only need to do the Open Loop Tuning. Keep re-reading it until it starts to make sense, THEN start buying the tuning tools.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.