Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '01 S-Runner with airaid intake tube,k&n drop-in,6" deckplate,18"magnaflow,TB coolant bypass and I need to tune.Do I need to get the MAF sensor calibrator?, the AFR sensor calibrator?, both?:shrug: Also, other than a laptop, what else do I need to tune with these devices? Any help is greatly appreciated, if Gadget sees this please help me dude!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wideband O2? I believe the sensor on my truck isn't even technically an O2 sensor.It's supposedly an AFR, which is supposed to be a little different.:shrug:

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
A Scantool isn't needed for the open loop tuning that BlackSunshine916 will be doing. It might be a benefit to do closed loop tuning, but it isn't necessary.

The Wideband O2 has nothing to do with what is already installed in your truck. It is a gauge that you will use to measure the air/fuel ratio, so that you know whether to add or subtract fuel at various engine load levels.

You really should read the URD U-Tune Guide, but ignore the closed loop tuning and fuel trim stuff. Also ignore the ignition timing section. You'll only need to do the Open Loop Tuning. Keep re-reading it until it starts to make sense, THEN start buying the tuning tools.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Oh, make sure you get in contact with Gadget before spending the $$. A few minutes on the phone with him will teach you a lot, and save you a bunch of time!

·
il padrino
5,165 Posts
I'm in your area and have all the tuning tools. :waytogo:

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What's up Revhard6? Haven't talked to you in days! That would f**kin' rock if you could help me out. I'll supply the beer man.:drinking:

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You know Revhard, I saw your truck on a website. I think it was lcengineering. Is that correct?Hit me up soon man, it'd be cool to finally meet you and I want to get all tuned up in about 2 weeks.:headbang:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts