Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a pair of Luminics Titanium whites (H4) to put in my new 2007 prerunner. Anyone ever heard of this brand ? I read online that they're better than Kioto , PIAA, Sylvanias... any thoughts??:confused:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah thats what i heard. but at least they look cool. good thing the seattle streets have ample lighting

·
Registered
336 Posts
jkc1997 said:
I just ordered a pair of Luminics Titanium whites (H4) to put in my new 2007 prerunner. Anyone ever heard of this brand ? I read online that they're better than Kioto , PIAA, Sylvanias... any thoughts??:confused:
Luminics are great for the price. But they are alittle less light output than stock. Just don't get the pure blues, basically those pure blues are just for show, when they say pure blue they mean blue. Kioto never heard of, sorry. Sylvanias, used once, they don't last very long, but put out great light output and start to yellow when they are about to die. And PIAA what is there to say besides they are the best, expensive but the best. Best light output, life, color. I am saving for PIAAs right now.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CorruptedDemon said:
Luminics are great for the price. But they are alittle less light output than stock. Just don't get the pure blues, basically those pure blues are just for show, when they say pure blue they mean blue. Kioto never heard of, sorry. Sylvanias, used once, they don't last very long, but put out great light output and start to yellow when they are about to die. And PIAA what is there to say besides they are the best, expensive but the best. Best light output, life, color. I am saving for PIAAs right now.
cool..thx for the feedback. someone on cardomain had the pure blues...looks hella cool, but thats it. i don't do much night driving, so i figure the titanium whites would be sufficient. i'll let y'all know how it goes

·
Black Beauty
1,458 Posts
yah i have silverstar and i love them

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
i know a couple fo people runnign luminic bulbs and they look pretty good but i have to agree it appears they have a weak output. i am a huge fan of both piaa and nokya. i had piaa i think they were called plasma white head lights and i still have my nokya hyper yellow fog lights. i know have a hid headlight kit and i am in love with it.

·
Premium Member
4,535 Posts
my uncle runs the luminic bulbs and they are brighter then his stock bulbs. and as far as piaa goes when i had them on my truck they were the best lasted 2 cars from my old civic over to my taco and now its on my cousins taco

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i just got my luminics titanium whites. they rated at 5500 K. i'll let y'all know how they look once installed. was only like $50 online

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have the same Luminics set-up on my 05, and I have to say they do look good. A nice clear white with slight blue hint. But as far as light output they are very poor. Going down a dark road is allmost dangerous. The stock bulbs are MUCH brighter . So thats my 2 cents, im going to go with PIAA soon.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
i think i paid like 75 for my piaas probly not the best price but oh well. and they last long i had them in my 99 truck for abotu 2 years then put them in the x then a jeep sat on my truck and broke one bulb so i replaced them with hids.

·
Banned from Auto*****s.co
2,790 Posts
trdspectacoma said:
around 75 that is the normal range for them but I think ebay will prbably have them
holy crap... yall weren't kidding...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Im not a big fan of the luminics, the most important thing about headlights is lighting up the road. I personally have Silverstars and they are great. I know they have a short life and I plan on PIAA's once they burnout but I don't leave my headlights on during the day like a lot of tacoma owners I see. They serve a purpose and that is for driving at night, get a better HL that will light up the road. It's worth the extra few bucks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts