Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to lower my Tacoma in the future. I have heard about the 3/3 and 3/4 DJM kit's. Which one would be best to use? Which one would make the truck level front and back? Would I be scrapping alot with either kits? These kits use lowered control arms and blocks, right?

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
If you're looking for a level ride, definitely go with the 3/4 kit. The 3/3 kit looks good, but I think level looks better.

Be aware that if you go 4" lower in the back, you will mostly likely cause your rar axle to bottom out when you hit bad bumps. If that becomes the case, you'll want to c-notch your frame. See some other conversations in this forum about that.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much would it cost to get c notches? Are there places that can do that work? I might just go with the 3/3 kit so I don't have to do anything to the frame. I'm not too sure about c notch.

·
Registered
282 Posts
i run the 3/4 with toxic shocks and have yet to really bang against frame.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Go with the 3/4 and take out your bumpstops in the back. They are held in with 10mm bolts and then you wont bottom out. I put a 4in. block in the back of my 01' and flipped my overload spring and haven't bottomed yet. The reason I flipped the overload was because the rear still sat 1/2" higher than the front.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
By removing the stops, wouldn't that cause the axle to hit the frame easier?

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
<a target="_blank" href=http://www.customtacos.com/tech/quick_tips>Take a look at this month's quick tip...</a>

Submitted by yours truly :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yes the axle would hit the frame easier but I've never hit mine. Though I do have a 2001 and I think there may be a little more clearance than previous years. I could be wrong.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts