Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

Lowered leaf springs

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  radson 
#1 ·
Hey out there. I had a question on installing lowered leaf springs. I found a company that will make them for me. Currently I have a at set of 4x4 leaf springs installed that lowered my 2014 2wd tacoma around 1.875" in the rear. I want to drop it an additional 1" at least so it will be close to 3" total drop in the rear. I don't want to use blocks. So my question is can I use the same rear shock on it now? I currently have a set of nice QA1 adjustable shocks. So I want to keep them. Will an inch lower affect them?

Thank you!

#2 ·
Since your current shocks are adjustable, there's a chance you can still use them at a 1" lower stance.

However ...

Even adjustable shocks have upper and lower limits for their extension. There's always a chance that extra 1" drop will equal or exceed your current shocks' limit.

It depends on the specific shocks and the new extension distance you'd be wanting them to span.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.