Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of getting lowered shackles which will lowered the rear of my truck 2". I also wanted to get either 1" or 2" blocks for the rear too, to lower the back 3" or 4".

Does this sound like a good plan? Would I need to purchase angled blocks or shims? Please let me know.

·
Registered
130 Posts
They dont even make hangers or shackles for tacomas. They are not something you can unbolt and bolt on new ones. Just do what I did. I relocated them into the frame.

·
Premium Member
13,639 Posts
This is a very comman issue with Nissan hardbodies and frontiers. I used to have a frontier and relocated them. They hang very low. If you have any old Minitruckin mags, you can find the article there for Nissans.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I am trying to figure out the best way to do it. 95.5 to 97 had the leaf hangers higher than later models. I have a 98. There is no room to raise up the front bolt. It needs to be repositioned. Does anybody have any pics of this

·
Premium Member
13,639 Posts
Someone here has done it, but I don't remember who. He's in the photo gallery and lays frame with air bags I think. Was a dark colored truck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts