Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys, got an 03 extended cab Tacoma sr5 that I need a new bumper for. Rather than going stock, what are some aftermarket or even other Toyota (s-runner, pre-runner, etc.) options I could do? Post pics as well if you have them. Not really looking to do a whole body kit, just the front bumper for now. Thanks

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,615 Posts

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,615 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's a pic (from TacomaWorld) of "02 4Runner bumper on first gen Taco. Mounting holes on 4Runner bumper brackets will require a little modification
I'm thinking I like this look the best so far. Am I able to just buy the black plastic valance at the very bottom of the bumper and bolt it to my stock chrome part of the bumper? Or do I need to get the whole bumper assembly?

·
Registered
215 Posts
I'm thinking I like this look the best so far. Am I able to just buy the black plastic valance at the very bottom of the bumper and bolt it to my stock chrome part of the bumper? Or do I need to get the whole bumper assembly?

You would need the '02 4Runner bumper, reinforcement, upper plastic portion, valance, brackets , turn lamps, clips..screws etc
see attachment..
When mounting a 4Runner bumper on a Tacoma, One mounting hole on each side kind of aligns and the other will need to be drilled. I say "kinda" because the bumper will sit a little high (and may rub on the grille or fenders) and should be slotted so it its lower.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts