Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when my taco was at stock height i went to a muffler shop to install my exhaust. the guy working asked me if i planned on lowering my truck and of course the answer was YES. he told me i should lower my back before he installs the new muffler and piping. i lowered the back 3" using blocks and a day later i had the muffler and piping installed. it was a single inlet/duel out muffler with custom piping. so now...there are two pipes running straight to the back, about 6 inches from the license plate on each side. soo...here's my problem-i plan on lowering the back another inch using 4" blocks within the next week or so....will that affect the pipes? will it raise or lower the piping...if anything at all? i 'm worried because i don't like forking up some more loot to have the piping moved or redone. any info would help...THANKS!

·
Premium Member
13,639 Posts
It shouldn't raise or lower the piping, but your axle may hit the pipes. Look to see how much clearance there is now from your pipes to your axle. Do you have room to lower it another inch without hitting it? My exhaust is as close to the bed floor as possible and mine does not hit.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the advice. i didn't get a chance to check it out yet but i'll be sure to check first thing when i get tomorrow. Thanks. i hope i have enough clearance though!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i checked my piping when i got up this afternoon. hmmm...i have about 1.5-2 inches left right now. lowering it another inch right now might be cutting it too close, huh? this sucks!

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I'm interested in doing the "dual" exhaust such as you have done. If you wouldn't mind sharing...I would like to know what it cost to have yours done.

Thanks,

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lets see...about $85 for the muffler. $100 for labor and piping. But if you also want exhaust tips...that'll be extra. I bought two 3" exhaust tips for $45 each. Looks really good but you also have to keep in mind...roll pan. i have a roll pan too. you can have a steel one made with pre-cut hole for the tips. i forgot who does it though. it's in the magazines or just ask one of the guys in here. i have a Lund fiberglass rollpan. i cut the holes myself. looks pretty good but still in primer. anymore questions....gimme a holla.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I was just thinkin' about having one come out each side behind the tires. I don't really like the straight back look unless you do have a roll pan and I don't plan on getting one.

Thanks for the info,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts