Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to turbo my 2.4L Tacoma my end goal is around 600 WHP. the engine and trans is already pulled so im looking to do the internals before i start on everything else.

What kind of pistons and rods do i need to buy to make that number?

is the crank gonna be able to hold up to that power?

what kind of head am i gonna have to eventually buy to get there?

the 600 WHP is a end goal that i dont plan on doing right away. the motor pulled out because of a problem i had with a spark plug being striped out and it was just easier to pull the motor. I've looked around at some piston and rods and have a idea what im gonna have to spend a easy 3k probably after all said and done but im not for sure on what parts are recommended and what ones i should stay clear of?

the motor has 230k miles and i am gonna have a machine shop probably file down the bore over .020 or .030 to have it like new. The pistons im looking at now are forge CP Pistons (Cp-Carrillo) their
coming with the rebuilt kit and are gonna run around 400$ I dont know what max hp there rated for or how good they are would really love to find some info on them if you guys know.

the heads cams everything out side of the crank (maybe) pistons and rods are gonna be stock until further down the road to when ill buy the turbo and get all the necessary parts needed.

Any bit of info helps i dont know too much about theses motors and where the weak points are at

·
Registered
498 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
I suggest also contacting LCEngineering or Paradise Racing. They've both build some really nasty Toyota's into the high HP figures you are after and have a lot of valuable experience, more than what you might find here on the forums. I've called LCEngineering personally before and they were very helpful and have a lot of technical knowledge on what needs to be done.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I suggest also contacting LCEngineering or Paradise Racing. They've both build some really nasty Toyota's into the high HP figures you are after and have a lot of valuable experience, more than what you might find here on the forums. I've called LCEngineering personally before and they were very helpful and have a lot of technical knowledge on what needs to be done.
Okay cool badass I'll definitely go and check that out thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts