Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
BOOSTPIMP
12,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to see the interest. Right now there is a kit that will soon become available to those interested. It will take me a bit longer to get the prototype on the truck. It will be 16" spindle travel. 4" wider per side. use a 8" coilover. ride height is about 3" lift. Also a triple mount will be available on the arm as well with a cross over tube for the top of the coilover bucket to accomodate the triple. also trying to fit in a bump. We will see how it all works out the kit has been cycled on my prerunner. Looks like the kit will be complete with brake lines and steering extensions and arms and coilovers. Everything you need to bolt this kit up. Looking at 2500 out the door. THAT IS INCLUDING 8" KING COILOVERS. Post if you have some interest with your email. As soon as I have some good pics to show you then I shall email them out to everyone interested. Please only serious people not ones that say I wish i had money.....

·
BOOSTPIMP
12,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes this will be for the 6 lug only. that means kit can be bought without coilovers for 1400 . These are guestimates right now. Maybe more maybe less. will be two kits a stage 1 and stage 2.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Sounds like a great deal im already 5 g deep on my front end. Upper and lower uniball? new steering arm with machines clevis to attached to rack? will 4x4 be able to be used with this kit?
Some areas that I ran into with my front end was that the upper bushings were sliding out of the arm because of that 15 deg angle that they are at with the stress. Plus that long bolt that connects it is a bear to get out with a engine cage. 2 broken steering racks. Ive run into it all. Keep us informed id like to see how this comes together.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
wow bring it back from the dead. Yeah I was wondering how this was comming along. Im interested to see how this is going plus if I can help in any way. I could put together the lay out in cad so it is ready to be lazer cut for production. Hit me up

·
BOOSTPIMP
12,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Buff's Taco said:
Sounds like a great deal im already 5 g deep on my front end. Upper and lower uniball? new steering arm with machines clevis to attached to rack? will 4x4 be able to be used with this kit?
Some areas that I ran into with my front end was that the upper bushings were sliding out of the arm because of that 15 deg angle that they are at with the stress. Plus that long bolt that connects it is a bear to get out with a engine cage. 2 broken steering racks. Ive run into it all. Keep us informed id like to see how this comes together.
designed with keeping 4wd in mind. to get the 16" spindle and 4wd there is some pricey axles and stuff i dont knwo those details just yet. But the coilover placement is out of the way of the axle. So yes 4wd will be fine to use this kit. stock lower balljoint. not bad angles and thats what noramlly kills them. i ran 3 races on stock lower ball joints and never changed them once. just steering exptensions. Clevises were only needed if the stock binds and it does not. this kit is 16" spindle and straped and bumped at 15". Upper is on heims no bushings. I have broke racks and all too but found the issues. Couple things but get your rack mounted stronger. Mine is solid mounted and three races now with no steering issues. Long cross bolt there is no way to rid without redesigning the wheel but i run the crossbolt without one issue in five races. I will keep you all informed when it gets final install and lots of pics and we bash something fierce.

·
BOOSTPIMP
12,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Buff's Taco said:
wow bring it back from the dead. Yeah I was wondering how this was comming along. Im interested to see how this is going plus if I can help in any way. I could put together the lay out in cad so it is ready to be lazer cut for production. Hit me up
laser cut? water jet tabs. Thanx for the offer though. we have a few sources. Soon guys i promise soon. hope in a week ill have full pics not spy glimps

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
PIMPINTACOMA said:
laser cut? water jet tabs. Thanx for the offer though. we have a few sources. Soon guys i promise soon. hope in a week ill have full pics not spy glimps
you ship my valve cover yet?
i pm'd you awhile back.

·
BOOSTPIMP
12,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ToRriD said:
you ship my valve cover yet?
i pm'd you awhile back.
Long story, but i thought I shipped to you and i shipped it to some false san diego address that I thought was yours. Same name weird. I swore you were in diego. it got sent back and sat at my work and nobody knew whos it was. When you PM'ed me i went for tracking and they said it was here i was like WTF? Then i saw it. i looked at the address and yours was in hawaii. it was 29 to ship it so im practically giving it away haha. No worries really sorry for the delay it was totally my fault. You know anyone with your same anme in diego? Soooo weird. it was even im my computer as me shipping something ot your same name haha.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts