Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I know there's been a lot done on this already and have looked through most of it and haven't seen what I'm looking for. I'm looking at lifting the back end of my Taco but only want to go 1" - 1.5" (I think - so I can level out the truck somewhat with a 2.5"-3" front lift). I don't want to go shackles because of the stress on the stock leafs but I don't want to stiffen the ride up too much or at all. So my question is: is there an AAL that will lift only this much without stiffening the ride up? and also, if I only lift the 1.5", will I need longer shocks? Thanks!!! :waytogo:

·
Registered
596 Posts
go with a deaver add-a-pack. it's a 3 leaf add-a-pack that replaces your over load spring. gives you about 1.5" and is not stiff at all. i'm not sure how long stock prerunner shocks extend too, but on my mini i'm still running stock length shocks in the rear with the deaver pack. the only problem i have is that the rear suspension doesn't droop any fruther then ride height. doesn't cause any problems with the ride on streets. the pack will set you back $183.99 @ protrucks.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Either the 3 leaf and keep your stock shocks, or 7 leaf and grab some new Bilsteins. Not too stiff in the rear with the second mentioned set up but runs a few hundered more. The 7 leaf ought to level it out real nice with 3" in the front. Even an 8 leaf will do it.

·
Registered
596 Posts
schutz006 said:
Pink Tacos....will the deaver add-a-pack work for my 4x4 and add lift? That's not a bad price. thanks for info.
it should lift your rear 1.5" and should work with a 4x4 taco. the pack works on the same concept as an add a leaf but it gives you more of a progressive spring rate. doesn't give you a stiff ride like an add-a-leaf. i have it and i'm really happy with it.:waytogo:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts