Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
il padrino
5,165 Posts
Andy-
Got a Tap Plastics down your way? They could probably cut you one for a decent price.

·
pho sho!
3,316 Posts
I caled cando and they quoted me around 200 bucks including shipping. Any other ideas?

I really appreciate any help on this one guys...
Like one of the other guys said, hit up the local plastics supply store down there. TAP plastics looks to be a NorCal thing, try www.sdplastics.com or www.ridoutplastics.com :waytogo:

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,615 Posts
One reason is customization. Lexan is molded, so (for example ... ) you can get a rear window with a license tag mounting location recessed into it.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,615 Posts
There are other reasons to have polycarbonate windows / windshields. The material is lighter than glass and is basically shatterproof. This is why such windows are required by many race sanctioning organizations.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,615 Posts
It also scratches easily in relation to glass.
Yep - that's the down side ...

Lexan (only one of many polycarbonate products, but the one most commonly used for replacement windows years ago ... ) was notorious for scratching.

I notice that many vendors are offering polycarbonate windows that aren't Lexan nowadays. I don't know if these newer non-Lexan ones are more scratch resistant.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts