Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like some suggestions from other Taco owners on what would be the best way to let some sun shine through on our Taco or if we should even do this mod. My wife and I have talked about several possibilties. Some of the options I have found are the following:
1. Full rag top
2. Full convertible top either soft or hard
3. Targa top (just the middle section of the roof)
4. Factory electric sunroof either glass or original section of roof out of either a 4 Runner, Highlander or the Landcruiser.

Your suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thankyou,
Pete & Sheryl
01 Tacoma SR5 extra cab
"Goldfinger"

·
Premium Member
13,639 Posts
Re: Let the sun shrine through

xcab or regular cab? I would say rag top or electric sunroof any anything, but to be different you could do one of the other 2 mods. I don't know if there is a kit for them though, so it could be expensive.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

It is an extra cab. We are doing different mods with the sole purpose of staying as clean and professional looking as we possibly can.

Thankyou for your suggestion
Pete & Sheryl

·
Premium Member
13,639 Posts

Not sure how well a sliding rag works on our xcab trucks since the roof is not flat. I have seen a pic of an xcab with one in a past issue of Minitruckin though(i think it was MT). I don't like the way a vert looks on xcab, but that's just me. Good luck on your decision.

·
Registered
311 Posts

I would vote for the targa style as well, you might like to take a look at a Supra for hardware and ideas on how to do it. It would be quite a feat of fabrication, but would look clean in or out, you could even build a storage mount similar to the supra, but in the box or inside the rear of the cab. Post some pics with your progress.....PLEASE!!

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts

I am gonna say an electric sunroof. I don't know if you can install one because of the hump toward the back of the roof. I wanted to do one except i accidently forgot and bought a single cab! J/K. I think the sunroof would be clean but a ragtop would look for custom, just depends on what your going for!

Good Luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts