Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now i have 3" blocks in the rear. I wanna go an inch lower to level it out. 4" lowering leafs or 4" blocks? I need some feedback. proS or conS on either? suggestions? ride quality?
i plan on ordering one of them soon but i'm really not sure which method to use. i know that there's a big difference in $ though so i guess what i'm really asking is...are the leafs worth the extra loot?

·
Premium Member
13,639 Posts
I've never used lowered leafs so I can't comment on that. Take out the middle leaf. It's free and it should do the trick.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Four inch blocks might be pushing it. You need to make sure your driveshaft stays in line. Not to mention, you would create a lot of play in your rear end. I would go with slamdtaco's idea.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Doesn't the DJM kit use 4 inch blocks in the rear with shims for the driveline alignment?

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Actually, the 4" blocks that I got with my kit were already pinion angle correct so there's no shims or anything like that. I haven't had any rear end problems, no vibration, etc. I did, however, flip my carrier bearing to keep the driveline vibration away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts